something i did.. long ago!

draeke

back in 99 i was experimenting with photoshop and by far my most successful design was this :

Posted Image

now, it is not anything specatacular but the point is that i did it all with some default photoshop plugins (i think). i had saved all the intermediate passages and i want to post them here cause maybe some techio of you can tell me which plugins/effects i may have used, cause i would like to make something similar but MUCH bigger (back then 640x480 was neat ahahah).

here we go:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

now, the fundamental passage is step-8 and i am trying hard the filters to find out what the heck was this filter doing the final fractal.

hope you didnt find this post too disturbing :D and i am SURE i did this all in photoshop (was prolly photoshop 5 or 6 at MAX)

back in 99 i was experimenting with photoshop and by far my most successful design was this :

Posted Image

now, it is not anything specatacular but the point is that i did it all with some default photoshop plugins (i think). i had saved all the intermediate passages and i want to post them here cause maybe some techio of you can tell me which plugins/effects i may have used, cause i would like to make something similar but MUCH bigger (back then 640x480 was neat ahahah).

now, the fundamental passage is step-8 and i am trying hard the filters to find out what the heck was this filter doing the final fractal.

hope you didnt find this post too disturbing :D and i am SURE i did this all in photoshop (was prolly photoshop 5 or 6 at MAX)

Hi Fede,

"twirl" PS plugin is for the twirls of course,.. and a KPT filter was used for the final fractal.I think it's KPT 6

B)

ah neat!

yeah i figured it was probably kai power toold.. now i need to find back what i used to do step 5 and step 6 which were very cool effects :)

i am checking out all the alien skin family of plugs but seems is not any of them.. argh my memory :)

eh abasio, indeed it was! i remember i was a magician with plugins back then.. (and had dozens..) now i can't remember anything :)

damn memory! still nobody coudl ID what program did that neat effect or the smoke... (i also asked in another forum of PS experts..)

well, someday maybe..