Delicious Petal - first 'serious' track

siliconnexioN

Hey peeps, I'm 20 years old from Adelaide, Australia and started producing my own brand of goa in mid 2009 under the name "Delicious Petal" :] I made my first serious track a couple of months ago but I've been unable to get much feedback due to the scene being pretty small where I live. So I'm posting my tracks on psynews for you all to hear :) I'd love to hear some constructive criticism!

http://deliciouspetal.bandcamp.com (highly recommended hosting site btw, free + no ads)

available in mp3 320kbps, FLAC, WAV

Recommend listening to track 1 first. (has a pretty long intro) It's actually around 12 mins long but my PC ran out of processing power so you'll have to do with the shortened version :(

oh, and first post. I've been lurking for quite a while :3

peace, thanks for listening

First thanks for sharing and welcome to Psynews! I love long intros, and that wobbly bass in the first track is awesome. I would love to hear what the long version sounded like. It's juicy and gurgly. Nice! I know it is unmastered and it sounds like the kick needs some more punch.

The second track is so short (just a taste) but the sounds are crystal clear and I love the kick roll. Sort of Bypass Unit style. I like how the goa melody sneaks in behind the pad. Sweet. Maybe the hi-hats need to be a little louder...

3rd track has a nice industrial feel. A nice dirty bass, and I like the final melody....sounds good.

4th track sound juicy as well, love that. This one sounds the most "goa" to me. Very spiritual. Me likey.

Mike A at Cronomi might like this as your vision of goa is not the sun drenched melodic beaches of India, but more of a darker, sinister side.

There is some definite potential here. Keep up the great work!

Mdk