3. Shift

4. Sen Sen Sen (With Audiomatic)

5. Satisflaxion

6. Empty Pages

7. Fakes

8. SL Mk

9. Axon and John

10. Voice Mode

Spintwist is another label which produces the smooth vibes of progressive trance.Vaishiyas are German trance project Hannes Klitta & Daniel Gundlach who released "Action Flaxion" in 2008 which was a great album. They have also been on a number of compilations and have established a good following. This is their 4th full length release.

"Hold On" is a psygressive track with a very big beat. The rhythm is catchy and I found myself bobbing my head through the whole song. Not a lot of variation or an epic break,, just one of those phrases that can carry it to the end. Nice opening.

"Intensity" shows a definite house influence with it's repeated sample, but it fits well and is not overbearing. There are washes in the break, giving it a far away feeling, but then the groove comes back in spades. Again, not a lot, but sometimes less can be more.

"Shift" is an exceedingly boring track. F-I-L-L-E-R.

"Sen Sen Sen" is a track that has a little help from his pal Audiomatic. This one seems a little more spacious, and still has a nice bass line giving it backbone. Nothing special, but a nice one nonetheless.

The title track repeats the same blueprint with average results. Meh.

"Empty Pages" comes across as more aggressive, with layers, but once again, it doesn't really go anywhere.

"Fakes" is the largest track on the album, and it uses reverb to create that spaciousness I love. Nice track, but it still feels like something is missing.

Ok, I stopped reviewing each track because they all started to sound the same. To be more accurate, they followed the same equation and most of the tracks seemed to be lacking. One thing I noticed is that they like their washes. They are in almost every track. In every break. They are an effect, a tool used to enhance the music, but if overused, it no longer enhances but detracts. If you like them, then this is the disc for you. Another thing in abundant supply is the big fat kicks. Couple that with simple yet effective bass lines and you've got a recipe for groove. So why am I still hungry? For starters, there isn't a lot of variation. Since the formula is rather simple, there really isn't any way a track can evolve. There aren't a lot of melodies and effects (other than the washes) seem to be kept to a minimum so no atmosphere is created. This is a disc that focuses on groove and not a lot else. If that is what you're looking for, then you would probably enjoy this. If you're looking for a deeper more elaborate melodic progressive fix, I can recommend other releases that will satisfy you.

Psyshop

Mdk