Title: Dreams In Stereo

Label: Cosmicleaf Records

Date: June, 2009

1. Indigo Dream

2. Electro Wind

3. Cosmic Noise

4. Seclusion

5. Frozen

6. Once upon a time (Remix For Side Liner)

7. Inside the urban ocean

8. Edelweis

9. Walking on the moon

10. Till the morning

Cosmicleaf Records is a Greek chillout label who has some pretty good artists in the stable. Side Liner, Kick Bong, Easily Embarrassed to name a few. I really enjoyed "Planet Discovery" and "Flower Power" as they took my mind on a continuous journey. Zero Cult is Emil Ilyayev an Israeli with his 3rd full length release. His track "Air" on the Compilation "Chiller Vol. 1" was hauntingly beautiful, spacious and melodic. I am hoping for more of the same with his latest release. The cover is of a small person amidst some very large speakers.

This is a very eclectic release. It goes from slow and spacious downtempo to a more upbeat style. Sometimes within the same track. The sounds are crystal clear and there is a good mix of acoustic and electric instruments. The pads are ultra lush, sucking you right in as feathery tones twinkle from above like stars at night. The sounds flow together seamlessly, allowing you to lose yourself in his vision. "Cosmic Noise" is a powerful breakbeat track that sounds like it could've been made by The Crystal Method. "Frozen" has a dreamy break with arcing pads. "Till The Morning" which begins as a slow progressive trance track has a wonderful downtempo shuffle at the break. Nicely unexpected. This was a great fit after a long and exhausting day. Not what I would reach for normally, but definitely worth a listen.

Psyshop

Mdk