6. Arrival

IX LAM AT

7. Release

IX LAM AT

8. Savilax

IX LAM AT

9. Cachai

IX LAM AT

Ix Lam At are a progressive trance duo from Mexico that are relatively new to the scene. They have tracks on a couple of compilations like Blue Banquet and Beat Generation. They were signed to progressive trance super label Iono Music so they must have seen something there. I'm curious as to how that works. Don't you want to release a bunch of tracks on various compilations to get noticed before you put out an album? The cover is fairly simple, of leaf fronds beneath a green field. A mustard colored stripe across the bottom third gives the artist name and album.

Well, what can be said about this? It's progressive trance that is true and it is nicely melodic in places. The melody and key change in "Plant Attack" is very catchy. The break in "Consciousness" is dreamy. The bass lines are good, but...something is missing. It seems empty as if there was space that could be used to flesh out the tracks. The groove is good, but my ear yearns for more. It is rather minimalistic in it's approach. True, I have been spoiled by Iono Music's incredible releases, but this seems like it needed more time in the oven. This seems pretty cut and paste to me and unfortunately a weak effort.

BTW, this album is guilty of one of my biggest pet peeves. The last track is over 16 minutes long, but it has a gap of about 3 minutes only to continue on the other side. What is the purpose of that? Quit it.

Psyshop

Mdk