Backside album sleeves to jewel cases

Pandemonium

Im not even sure if I am posting this thread in the proper section, but if I am not Im sure that the mods will know where to place it.

Since I started listening to and buying psy releases in 2002 I had always cut digipacks apart so that they could fit into the cd storage cases to save space. I also did this with the jewel case releases that I purchased but instead with those I would just keep the disc and front insert and discard the jewel case along with the backside track info. If the track names were not included in the front sleeve then I would cut them out of the back so I could again save space. But since about two years ago I have become more of a collector as well as a listener. So I have began displaying all of my collection on a book shelf. The downside is that now half of my cd collection is on the shelves and the rest are inside my cd storage cases, so in an effort to reclaim my entire collection and have all of my cds in original mint condition I made a list of all my old digipacks that I had mutilated. I have almost re purchased every single Digipack realease and they have joined the ranks along side the purchases that I have made in the last few years. I have now began to even re buy the jewel case releases as well, just for that backside sleeve. (I know that it sounds crazy for me to purchase a release that I already own just to have the back sleeve once again, but Im a bit of a perfectionist). This has become extremely costly, To keep up with buying all of the newer releases that are coming out and to also re buy all of my old releases. So in an effort to save money I went out and bought blank jewel cases from the store and I have began to email record labels directly in an attempt to purchase the back inserts only to the cds that I already own. With such an odd request I am not surprised that I have had no feedback yet. (After all most people might say why dont I just put the cds along with the front side inserts in a blank new jewel case and put them on the shelf?)

So basically the point of my ranting is.... Is there anyone that would be willing to sell me any of the backside jewel case sleeves of the following releases: the list is a bit long so bear with me:

1. V/A-Full on 7 on a rush

2. V/A Israliens 5 Mega Tribe

3. System Nipel-Deep into matter

4. V/A- Absolute trancelucent

5. MFG-Message from god

6. Cosma-Simplicity

7. Black & White-Frame by frame

8. Protoculture-Refractions

9. AMD-Bigfish

10. Protoculture-Circadians

11. The Commercial Hippies-If you cant stand the heat...

12. V/A-Origin stage 3

13. Koxbox-U-turn

14. V/A-unusual suspects 2 Twisted records

15. Hallucinogen-Twisted

16. Talamasca & friends-Made in trance

17. XSI-Warning Zone

18. V/A-Mind controllers

19. V/A-Mind controllers 2

20. Sirius Isness-Breaking the matrix

21. Jikkenteki-The long walk home

22. Raja Ram presents Evolution of expanded consciousness

23. Lucas presents God save the machine

24. Best of Tipworld-Love to Japan

25. Tip-The story

26. X-Dream-We interface

27. ESP-Space Tribe+Electric Universe

28. Solstice Black compilation 01

29. V/A-Holographic memory 2 Solstice records

30. V/A-Electronic High 2 solstice records

31. V/A-Electronic High 3 Solstice records

32. Logic Bomb-Sonic Algebra

33. Prometheus-Corridor of mirrors

34. Azax Syndrome-Evolution

35. Transwave-Backfire

36. Theoreme-Less is more

37. Neuromotor-Electrik city

38. Safi Connection-Authentic

39. V/A-French power compiled by Talamasca Arcadia music

40. V/A-Positive Arcadia music

41. V/A-Positive 2 Arcadia music

42. Dynamo-The acid daze

43. V/A-Ancient future Enzyme records

44. Cycle Sphere-Call it what you want

45. V/A-Tokyo 24/7 Phantasm

46. V/A-Machine head Phantasm

47. V/A-Liquid Logic Phantasm

48. V/A-Strata Phantasm

49. Pleiadians-7even sister7

50. V/A-South Africa 2002 Solstice

51. V/A-Phase 2 Etnicanet

52. Etnica Chrome Japanese edition

53. Shpongle-Are you shpongled?

54. Shpongle-Nothing lasts but nothing is lost

55. Zero Cult-Art Of harmony

56. Psyfactor-Endless Universe

57. Saiko-Pod-Phutureremixes Solstice music

58. Labyrinth-Labyrinth essential 001

59. X-Wave-Miko Arcadia music

60. X-Wave-Direct-X

61. Dark Nebula-Robotic Tongue

62. Technodrome-Earthquake

63. V/A-United Nations of trance Russia

64. Electrypnose-Le tireur de ficelles

65. Electrypnose-Where do we go?

66. Paranoize-In the lab

67. Drumatik-Peak Process

68. Spectral Skunk-Bounced story

69. Shanti-A machines dream

70. Psyside-Anomaly in your brain?

71. GMS-the remixes

72. Eskimo-Take a look out there

73. Ecliptic-A fissure in silence

74. Tron-Existence

75. Drap Drop-Dropdead gorgeous

76. Mantrix-Universal

77. Cyrus the Virus-Subliminal

78. Slug-Elemental

79. Shift-Excession

80. Pitch Hikers-Twilight zone

81. Cosmosis-Psychedelic melodica

82. Alternative Control-Alt+Ctrl

83. Skazi-Animal in storm

84. Void-Punishment

85. Tube-Personality

86. Bamboo Forest-Bamboo forest Vision quest

87. V/A-Hypnotic vibration Goanmantra records

88. V/A-The natural waves of sound 003 com.pact

89. V/A-Zero gravity Spun records

90. V/A-Hypernova Spun records

91. V/A-Alien paradise Fungi records

92. V/A-Soulseeker 3 Midijum records

93. V/A-Waves from ibiza 2 MP records

So basically the point of my ranting is.... Is there anyone that would be willing to sell me any of the backside jewel case sleeves of the following releases:

err... don't you think it would be easyier just to buy an extra copy of the CDs second hand? I don't really see why one would want to sell the backside sleeve and basically be left with an unsellable CD afterwards...

And of course, I'm supposing that this has nothing to do with the fact that most illegal downloads on the net only have scans of the front cover...? :rolleyes:

So you did a massacre :( You deserve to be in the psy-inferno after death :lol:

But seriously, this is one of the weirdest stories I heard. Cutting apart digipaks and throwing away the backcovers/cutting the backcover tracklist of original CD's to save space is a totally unbeleivable atrocity.

Just think of all the money you have thrown away....

But seriously, this is one of the weirdest stories I heard. Cutting apart digipaks and throwing away the backcovers/cutting the backcover tracklist of original CD's to save space is a totally unbeleivable atrocity.

hey no need to rub it in lol

BTW why would anyone want to expose Skazi on their bookshelf? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well if you want to have the cds in a cd case all together it saves tremendous space. Digipacks of course cannot fit into a cd case and the back covers of jewel cases have to be reduced in size to fit into the cd cases as well. I dont really feel that I have thrown money away because I still have the original discs and front inserts and/or booklets in near mint condition. I do however regret doing things that way in the past. Of course if I could go back and do it all over again I would have kept every release that I bought in its original condition.

hey no need to rub it in lol

BTW why would anyone want to expose Skazi on their bookshelf? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I do agree that Skazis output within the last 5 years has been awful. The double disc release with Animal and Storm were quite solid imo. The last good releases from him before the cheese started. Those are the only two albums that I own by him.

err... don't you think it would be easyier just to buy an extra copy of the CDs second hand? I don't really see why one would want to sell the backside sleeve and basically be left with an unsellable CD afterwards...

I guess that it would be easier that way. And your most likely right about no one wanting to sell the back covers alone. But I had nothing to lose by posting this request (except for the time it took to type it) so I just gave it a shot.

Well if you want to have the cds in a cd case all together it saves tremendous space. Digipacks of course cannot fit into a cd case and the back covers of jewel cases have to be reduced in size to fit into the cd cases as well. I dont really feel that I have thrown money away because I still have the original discs and front inserts and/or booklets in near mint condition.

Why haven't you tried to find a multicase bag that accept whole cd covers or keep the covers elsewhere? :unsure:

Posted Image

Why haven't you tried to find a multicase bag that accept whole cd covers or keep the covers elsewhere?

I didnt even know that those existed,to late now though, the damagae has already been done plus I dont need to save space anymore so I will never need cd cases again after I replenish the rest of my collection. Thanks for the advice though.

I remember you saying you cut up the dijipacks to put everything into CD cases maybe a couple of years ago now.

It does make sense if you are trying to save space and don't care about the collectors value or aesthetic quality of a collection. It is better than most people with these feelings who would just download everything. But little did you know you would catch the collectors disease and now you must try and replace everything you destroyed in your youth.

Good luck in your search. Unfortunately I have a collection too and don't want to be without all my back covers.

I remember you saying you cut up the dijipacks to put everything into CD cases maybe a couple of years ago now.

It does make sense if you are trying to save space and don't care about the collectors value or aesthetic quality of a collection. It is better than most people with these feelings who would just download everything. But little did you know you would catch the collectors disease and now you must try and replace everything you destroyed in your youth.

Good luck in your search. Unfortunately I have a collection too and don't want to be without all my back covers.

You hit the hammer on the nail, I sure did catch the disease. I love collecting now, it has become quite the hobby. Thats why I dont care much for digital downloads or compact sticks. But times are a changing. I hope that releases will be available in cd format for several years to come. Eventually with time and money I will replace the majority of my releases listed above and have two copies of alot of cds.

You hit the hammer on the nail, I sure did catch the disease. I love collecting now, it has become quite the hobby. Thats why I dont care much for digital downloads or compact sticks. But times are a changing. I hope that releases will be available in cd format for several years to come. Eventually with time and money I will replace the majority of my releases listed above and have two copies of alot of cds.

You might have better luck selling the CDs with jewel case but no back insert after you have re-bought some of those missing in your collection. Of course the people you sell to will just have to hope they never get the collector bug ;)

You might have better luck selling the CDs with jewel case but no back insert after you have re-bought some of those missing in your collection. Of course the people you sell to will just have to hope they never get the collector bug ;)

Thats not a bad idea. I was just hoping that maybe someone would at least have a few of these lying around somewhere to sell, maybe like and extra copy or something.

Hehe...this is a bit funny. I'd be so pissed at my past-person if I were you.

However, I have a spare back insert of VA-7 Eleven (Hom-Mega) if you're interested :)

That would be great, but I do not own that cd. I really appreciate it though. Now if you had a spare back insert of V/A- Full on 7 (Hom-mega) then I would be greatly interested. And you are right, I am pissed at myself fo doing what I did, but no changing the past.