2. Your Eyes SVEN SNUG

3. Orange SYMPHONIX

4. Cardiac Arrest (Suntree rmx) ACE VENTURA

5. Simple Words AEROSPACE

6. Summer Splash KOPEL

7. Pure OSHER VS SVEN SNUG

8. Trip Away (RPO rmx) SYMPHONIX

9. In the wind HALDOLIUM

Along with Iono Music and Iboga Records, Blue Tunes Recordings is another label that is very prolific in releasing quality progressive trance. This is the 4th installment of the apparently popular Amarasya series. This was compiled by

Montagu & Golkonda and offer 9 tracks. The cover of the CD is pretty much the same as previous Amarasya covers, only with a different color scheme. I liked the 3rd one, never heard the first, but didn't care for the 2nd too much. Something's got to give.

"Digital Technology" is the best track on the album so you can look at this one of two ways. "Man, what a great way to start!" or "Wow...this is going to be a long album."

"Your Eyes" has a repetitive sample saying, you guessed it, "Your Eyes." It has an affable groove, but it feels hollow and not very intricate. Not bad though.

Symphonix delivers a rather empty tune that strays into the minimal side of things. ZZZzzzzz.....

Suntree had a wonderful debut album and here he gives an Ace Ventura track the remix business. I don't think it was his best work (no need for the cliche heartbeat and repetitive sample) however. The synth lines into the break are a nice touch though.

I had mentioned somewhere previously that I didn't care for the latest Aerospace disc, but I have an open mind. The kick is thunderous, I'll give it that. As soon as the female speaking voice appears, my open mind instantly closes. It's just not for me as it leans too far into the house direction.

"Summer Splash" offers no surprises, but has quite the delay on the synth chords. Still, average at best.

"Pure" begins with a drone, but quickly drops a beat. The break is allows the track room to grow and is my favorite part, but it's still pretty thin.

"I exist on the best terms I can." RPO remix a Symphonic track and it has a very big beat. I'm not crazy about the epic buildup, but it's brief so I can look past it. Not a whole lot going on here though.

Haldolium are Mario Reinsch & Mark Lorenzen and I don't know too much about them. "In The Wind" starts quite aggressively for a progressive track. What stands out though is the annoying vocals. This is not how I would choose to end a progressive trance compilation as it makes me want to punch someone.

Wow, so where do I start? This is a woefully average compilation at best. I know the artists can do better than this. I came away from this disc feeling cheated. I should've known 9 times out of 10 when you are dealing with sequels on the 4th order, that the quality can dip. Oh it dipped all right. This release was boring, with no surprises or sense of story. I'm not saying that rich layers or elaborate synth lines are a must, but at least have an interesting groove. This didn't make me want to dance, it made me want to go watch the news. Pass.

Psyshoppage

Mdk