3. Think Twice (Phaxe and Time In Motion rmx) AUDIOMATIC

4. Lego Tech RITMO

5. Heaven and hell (Audiomatic and Vaishiyas rmx) SINISTER SILENCE

6. Simple ADDA, SYNTHAX AND MOONTALES

7. Give them free NEELIX

8. Intoxicated NORMALIZE

9. Difficult Phase AUDIOMATIC

10. 2nd Fynn (Symphonix rmx) VAISHIYAS

Spintwist Records is another label that delivers some quality progressive trance with numerous releases in CD and digital form. While I wasn't totally on board for the most recent Nordlight release or Aerospace's "Stereoflip", I am always intrigued by compilations. With the different production styles, you can really get a sense of the direction an artist is going to take their music. Starting with the cover, it is of a microphone with arms and legs (skinny though they may be) plugging a speaker into a jack. That vintage mic must really want to hear this album. Nothing special about this cover.

The music inside however is quite special. The first track was a nice intro into the progressive world, but we really kick it off with the Day.Din track "Aurora Nights." Very bouncy with the synths giving it a spacious and delicate feel. I loved the wide open Ritmo track and the Neelix track "Give Them Free" is maxxed out on groove. There are a couple of songs that don't have much direction to my ears, but they are in the minority. Closing out the compilation is a Symphonic remix that is so dirty, I had to listen to it again.

So it seems like the little mic was right. Find a speaker and plug in, this music is so spacious and deep. The bass forms the foundation as the synths wash over the listener. Samples are kept to a minimum, and when they are present, they enhance the track rather than take away from it. If you're not nodding your head to this, check for a pulse. Highly recommended.

Psyshoppage

Beatspace

Mdk