First post, first GOA track, how'd I do?

Hello everyone :) Crazy psy head here. I've been making music for a while and with each track comes new knowledge and standards. This is my most current track. I just finished it today, been working on it for the past 3 days.

Please let me know what you think. This is a whole new level to my music. Far superior than my previous tracks. Pleas give it a listen!!!!!

http://soundclick.com/2cnexus "GOA is real"

Sorry, wrong column.......

EDIT- Taking advice and working on it :)

EDIT: Here's the remake, almost finished http://soundcloud.com/2c-nexus/work-in-progress

It doesn't really fit under the label goa, but otherwise...

It's kind of interesting. The melody with the formant filter that starts off the song goes on too long, but then it gets more interesting. It seems fairly natural until a little before 3:00, then it just seems to have lost where it was going. There are too many ideas going on in one song. I'd say there is idea material for at least 3 or 4 songs in this one track.

In short, you have good ideas but you need to do some serious cutting on the arrangement. A song shouldn't just be an amalgamation of various musical ideas, it should be a natural progression from beginning to end.

Thank you very much for that :) I was thinking as well.....the endingg could be a whole new track.

I shall work it!

See....this is what I what. My local crew doesn't give me advice on anything, or hardly show support. If I want my music to be good, I need opinions....so thank you again for that :) I'm gonna cut it at around 4:50 before it gets into industrial sounding. Work it from there. Take the rest of the track and make it separate electronica kinda stuff :)

EDIT- I cut out the extras just before 3 minutes. Gonna work it from here and keep the last as another track or two. Thank you for the advice!

Guest Paramedroid

Nice Italo Psy :rolleyes: ,

I aggree with the former tips but in my opinion the track sounds pretty freaky with all those fx and sounds.

I would'nt change too much but skip the intro that's what i should do aswel.

The intro is what makes the track!

http://soundcloud.com/2c-nexus/work-in-progress

Tore it apart from 3 minutes. Almost finished with it now

Seems the transition at 4'45" part was too loud. That is being fixed!!!

I really didn't like the looped vocal-snippet in the intro to be honest. After that it was actually quite nice - good, laidback breakbeat-like grooves and some proper goa-esque synthlines and atmosphere. As some others have said, you should maybe ease up on the glitchy fx though.