2. Dark Station (140 BPM)

3. Avalanche (140 BPM)

4. Quantize Your Minds (132 BPM)

5. The Breeze (Outdoor Mix) (140 BPM)

6. Unrelated Gathering (132 BPM)

7. Reset Thoughts (140 BPM)

8. Maetrix (130 BPM)

9. Beyond (120 BPM)

10. Planet Earth (The Chill Mix) (70 BPM)

Ektoplazm is an absolutely awesome music portal that hands out tons of quality free releases. This is how I became aware of New Age Hippies. This is Marco Koeller, a German progressive project with his 3rd album. He presents us with 10 tracks including a very cinematic intro track as well as a downtempo number at the end. Starting with the cover, it has a very spacey feel (well, it is actually space!) and shows an entrance into another galaxy. As I mentioned before the album opens with a very nice, ominous intro; a promise of things to come. The tracks are darker than other progressive I have heard and that suits me fine. Although not extremely complex and layered, it does its storytelling effectively. They evolve slowly and give off an eerie feeling, especially "Quantize Your Minds." "The Breeze" is a floating, ethereal joy, and while the sample in the beginning of "Planet Earth" is a little too corny for my tastes, the rest of the track is very smooth. The sole rough spots that didn't sit to well with me were the uninteresting minimal offering "Reset Thoughts" and the 3rd track "Avalanche." It is too short and comes off as unfinished and forced into the tracklist. Bottom line, this is a nice effort providing a mellow listening experience with only a small amount of filler. Did I mention that this was also free? There is absolutely nothing to lose. Good job!

Ektoplazm

Mdk