2. Wisdom Light

3. Conception

4. Freaky Dads

5. Woobiloo

6. Hippy Whisper

7. Brainwaves

8. Wiggles

9. Dimitry

First and foremost, can we stop with posting promotional material in the review section? That pisses me off to no end. I refuse to take the time to write a review beneath overly hyped hyperbole.

Hadra records from France brings us their 16th release and for a psytrance label these days that it pretty good. I loved the Sine Die album and on various compilations they have had a few storming tracks. David Marmin (DJ Leptit) aka Shotu is out with his 2nd full length release. I didn't really care for his first album "Jungle Expedition" so I'm curious to see how his music has evolved.

Starting with the cover, it seems that whoever designed it has authored several of Hadra's other covers. This one is quite colorful showing a large embryonic egg with what looks like spaceships inside the head of the whiplike sperm. Since the album is titled Conception, it makes sense. It is eye catching and fortifies his theme. I like it.

The ultimate measure of a good album, one that you would like to buy, is of course the music. While cool album covers are a bonus, the meat of the sandwich needs to be substantial. Unless you're a vegetarian and if so, I cannot possibly understand where you are coming from. I mean, that's why God made cows slower than us! But I digress.

The problem I had with his last album was that it was thin on the meat. Anyone can do 4/4 beat with hi-hats, and a rampaging bassline. But it is how you craft and present it that amazes the masses. What else do you offer on top of that which makes your tracks stand out from the ordinary? Unfortunately, I do not see any progression in his music. The whole thing is full-on with effects and noises coming from everywhere in what seems to be randomly generated. I cannot perceive any melodies with which to focus upon so I come away from this hungry. It doesn't satisfy me. Now I understand that this is his style of music so he isn't trying to be melodic. The sound is crystal clear and the beats thunderous, but so what? That can be found in most releases. The tracks all sound the same and don't seem to be delivering on his theme of conception. So this ends up being monotonous and uninteresting to my ears which is a shame because you can hear the talent this producer possesses.

Psyshoppage

Beatspace

Mdk