What's the size of your co...

I need to know... what is the size of your computer screen?

...and what resolution you are using?

(you should be able to see the resolution when you click some monitor picture near the windows c!ock on the right side bottom corner... example: 1024 x 768)

Also.. what browser you are using? (Internet Explorer, Netscape, Opera etc...)

I need to know this because I'm working on a net site (psytrance related). So please answer... it will help me to decide few graphical issues. :)

Guest Setsuko

make your site at 1024 x 768... we are now 2003 and this should be standard .. but the statistics still say more then 50% uses 800x600

Guest Quazzi

Size of screen: 17"

Resolution: 800x600

Browser: Internet explorer

Size of cock: 3cm >17cm

Hope this helps.

Guest Jaimz

Shpongled,

Design for 800 x 600. It's more than enough space to fit in lots of information, and even people who have 1024 x 768 [which is most people these days] sometimes like to cruise the web without their window being full screen. You can still design it dynamically so that it can fill a page at 1024 x 768, but make sure it's still function at 800 x 600.

As for browsers, about 95% of the community are using IE, so design your site for IE, but I highly recommend implementing a flat version, without all the wizz-bang IE stuff, for people who are not using IE, or are using IE but are on a slow connection and don't want the wizz-bang stuff.

For more stats, check: http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

Hail Eris!

Jaimz.

Thank you Jaimz for very informative answer. The link you gave is just what I wanted to see. :) In that site there was said that the ration of 800x600 and 1024x768 (or over) resolution users is about 50/50 . But the query I made here (check also off-topic forum) shows that about 83% uses 1024x768 (or over).

I'm going to make the site so that it will function at 800x600 too but propably won't look as good (or just don't look as it's supposed to look) as 1024x768. Of course I would like to make it so that it will look same with every system but I already have a good layout in my mind whitch is a bit hard (or impossible) to build so that it will look same at every resolution.