2. Free Your Mind

3. La Bamba

4. Im Your Nightmare

5. Elements

6. New Strar

7. Good Boy

8. Imagination

9. Test

I have never heard of Caffix Records, but Discogs tells me that they are based in Canada and Mexico. Considering how cash strapped our genre is, I hope they don't have separate offices! They've put out a compilation that I haven't heard as of yet, so this release intrigued me. Klacid is Ivo Heleno from Portugal and since Portuguese psy is usually pretty intense I have hopes for this one. Besides, his track Mushroom Men on VA- Hyperdelic Pill was awesome!

This disc is intense and not for the faint at heart. Synths coming from all over, with hyper bass lines and sticky acid riffs. Melodies are present, but more of an afterthought to the driving beats. Perhaps if there were more melodies I could get a better sense of how the tracks evolve. I enjoyed most of the breaks and how he used samples to link parts of the tracks. It gives the album a continuity that some artists cannot create. Sometimes however the breaks get in the way and seem to make tracks feel like they go on too long.

Nonetheless, good driving, relentless psy in the greatest tradition. This reminds me of some Theoreme craziness. With some more focus on developing melodies this artist could be one to watch. Definitely worth a listen!

Standouts would be "I'm Your Nightmare" "Free Your Mind"

Mdk