3. Mind Control (7:30)

4. New World Order (6:50)

5. Darkness (6:42)

6. Inside (7:08)

7. Nano Technologies (6:58)

8. Altered States (7:40)

9. Survival (8:52)

10. Despertar (7:45)

This is Manuel Mata who has released a slew of great tracks on some very good compilations, but this is his debut album. I would say he is firmly in the nightpsy genre bringing pounding beats and dance-heavy rhythms. And this is exactly what you get with this offering. The kick drum is thunderous, the hi-hats sparkle and the bass line rambles at a frenetic pace. This is in your face full-on and while nice at times, this is also the problem I have with some of it. True the tracks are very powerful, but they don't seem to go anywhere. There isn't a lot of variation within the same song, so you are left with 6-8 minutes of waiting for a new wrinkle that never comes. That's not to say that the tracks are not good. They are, even the weaker ones are better than a lot of the pablum that is put out in our scene. So, while it is good (I'm sure DJs will find good space for this in their sets) it just never gets to that other level.

Standouts would include "New World Order" "Nano Technologies" "Altered States!!!"

BTW, I really like the cover.

Mdk