What would YOU say is the best made music ?

Guest Jokque

Im not talking about personal opinion, ie which group you like best etc, but what psytrance do you think is the BEST when it comes down to how good the artist is at combining different sounds, beats etc

for example, AP's newest album is boring and too comercial for my taste, it sounds like they werent inspired by the music but by money

their first album however you can hear that they made it because they like the music, not for wanting to make cash

"Im not talking about personal opinion" ... "for example, AP's newest album is boring and too comercial for my taste"

That is your personal opinion! (and has nothing to do with how well made it is)

"it sounds like they werent inspired by the music but by money"

What trashy thing to say. That they only did it for the money and don't care about the music. How would know? Of course you are entitiled to not like their music, but it is your opinion, and furthermore, taste aside, I think it's hard to argee that AP's music is very polished and well made, even if you think the style is too commerial/clubby.

Guest Daniel

The two albums which have great production/construction:

Shpongle - Are You Shpongled

^ ^ ^ ^

That album...jesus....I can't even put into words how complex the songs are, how intirquetly constructed the sounds were arranged....it is by far the best production I've heard.

Infected Mushroom - Classical Mushroom

^ ^ ^ ^

I love how this album is made. It's so funky and great, so musical and sounds like a symphony of sound....the melodies are the best I've heard in this genre and the layers are beautiful, in fact I'm going to go pop this cd in right now....

Guest ciotera

the sound that the wind makes when trapped in the chimney, the sound of the rain landing on a tin roof, the sound of the ocean waves killing themselves on the beach, the little noises that insects make in the night, the roar of fires and the silence of the starry skies...

in my last trip i realized what harmony is. it's quite simply the way the universe moves. you see, the universe has been through the same thing and place so many times that there is now a groove there.. a certain way which poses the least resistance. all good music or poetry or any artistic endeavor is in tune with this.

but to answer your question - both Shpongle albums, The Mistery of the Yeti 2, Substrata by Biosphere (thank you, EA for introducing me to it), and I'm sure countless others which I fortunately still have to discover.. sometimes ignorance is indeed a bliss.

Guest Mike D

I aktually find every artist has their own way of combining the music to make a track.. and it is only well done or not well done by our opinions... I really don't think anybody has the right to judge another artist unless they have good experience within the industry and therefore a ture understanding of how this music is created :)

My pleasure, C. :)

Tough question.

Juno Reactor - Bible of Dreams gets my vote for most solid album all around. Good production, good variety, amazing use of sounds.

Koxbox - Dragon Tales is up there. Amazing in almost every respect.

Shakta - Out of Sight gets best production, although not the greatest album. Shame.

Classical Mushroom is up there for best all around, although not my favorite.

Damn hard question. :)

Guest Hallucinogenious

Hallucinogen - Twisted

(well this album made me listen to psy-trance ..)

Juno Reactor produce god's-music ...

Guest spacemonkey

THE best music i dont know, but ubar tmar's ,macrometasomacosmos definatly gets my vote for most innovative album of the last i dont'know what years past and to come.

Guest spacemonkey

the way he has combined the rythmic and melodic elements in a complete album with in a addition the mathematic aspects comes closes to a electric symphony then any other psy artist i have encoutered till now.

Guest Multi - man

In terms of many sounds, if you like more conventiaonal ones, of course the Posford and Infected are amazing

but nrewer things are bubbling below

manuy sounds from the underground combine to create new level s of psychotainment

pushing boundaries are people like

Grapes of Wrath

Tamlin

Odd Harmonic

Digital Talk

Contra Coup

Vicious Spiral

Scozbor

Pelinpala

Weirdo Beardo

Talpa

Nam Shub of Enki (now Kiki.Ill)

Tonal Disruption

Neuron Compost

Nystagmus

Guest spacemonkey

MULTI - MAN, i see scozbor i your list and i really like odd harmonic, and in the review section, one of the guys left a meesage stating he is releasing a album under scozbor on devic craft, checked the website but nothing under that name was scheduled.

so has he released anything already?

lysergic - My take on why Juno Reactor are highly regarded:

- Accessible yet challenging music

- Danceable *and* listenable

- Hard to pin down to some sort of subgenre (full-on, minimal, etc.) - many would say he's hard to pin down to *any* genre

- Unique ideas

- Good production

- Successfully experimental with sounds, samples and effects

- Unusual resources like Flamenco guitar, African and Chinese drums

- An entertaining live show

- Diverse tones for tracks so as not to be repetetive, while still achieving an overall album tone

- Great self-promotion, which allows the music to reach a wide audience as well as get guys like Stevie Stevens to play on your tracks

:)