Elevator music

Snapinho

Yes, you heard right.

I'm looking for these horrible renditions of Imagine or similar famous popsongs. You know... the kind that annoys the fuck out of you in malls, supermarket or elevators.

I want it. Who makes that shit? What's it called? Easy listening? Is it all equally atrocious?

By the way, anything that's also a very bad version of some good original song is welcome. Stuff like Señor Coconut, Helmut Zacharias, Richard Cheese, anything really...

... help me out here!

:drama:

I'm looking for these horrible renditions of Imagine or similar famous popsongs.

I want it. Who makes that shit?

Around here supermarkets have crates full of stuff like "New Pops Orchestra Plays Abba with Panpipes" or "London Synth Orchestra's Tribute to the Titanic Soundtrack". All these "orchestras" usually mean one sad geek with a cheap midi synth, just releasing his stuff on CDs instead of .mid background tunes on the internet. Dig some bargain bins and pick the cheapest (by look or price). That should do the trick.

Richard Cheese actually manages to improve most songs he touches. Some other covers do that too.

Around here supermarkets have crates full of stuff like "New Pops Orchestra Plays Abba with Panpipes" or "London Synth Orchestra's Tribute to the Titanic Soundtrack". All these "orchestras" usually mean one sad geek with a cheap midi synth, just releasing his stuff on CDs instead of .mid background tunes on the internet. Dig some bargain bins and pick the cheapest (by look or price). That should do the trick.

Richard Cheese actually manages to improve most songs he touches. Some other covers do that too.

Exactly! Those terrible, terrible, terrible cheapass midisynthsounds... good idea.

And I agree about Richard Cheese. Him and his band are really good musicians, which makes a difference. But yeah, any other great musicians that do cool covers are just as welcome. Actually much more welcome... ;)