4.Blowfish-Grey Tone

5.Koxbox-Woolectrix

6.Yahel-Hallucinate

7.Kiwa-Untitled

8.Orion-Body Balloons

9.Double Dragon-Dice

10.Koe-Beetlejuice (Genki Remix)

11.Son Kite-Receive Part 2

mixed by omniholic from surreal audio recs..

Guest Surreal Audio

>mixed by omniholic from surreal audio recs..

heheh, that would be dj Halo anyway...the international man of mystery has many names ,-)

>Yes it is a nice mix. I like the Kiwa tracks. Might have to get that album some time.

these Kiwa tracks are both from the forthcoming album, will be out before the summer...just some fine tuning left to do.

the Blowfish track is Surreal Audio as well, thats the next release and will be ready very soon.

Guest Surreal Audio

oh yes and Blowfish is the new project of Graham Wood of The Infinity Project fame, somebody was asking about that on this forum a while back.

Guest ukiro

The first half of this mix got me very excited, but around the Yahel track I started losing concentration. It's like it peaks half-way through, which I guess could very well be intentional (and if so, *very* well carried out). But for such a short mix I would have liked it to build upwards all the way through. The huge funk factor from the first half gets lost somehow, and the Koe track (second last) was just plain bad with its hardcore-esque square wave lead sounds. I would have preffered to hear something like Etnoscope or the more full-on Son Kite stuff in the second half.

But still, it's one of the better mixes I've heard lately and thankfully no GMS/Skazi/Astrix/Whatever kind of stuff in there. Thanks for sharing it.

/Grumpy swede

Guest Surreal Audio

thanks for the first constructive criticism.it is intentional for it to peak half way through, but the koe track is intended as another peak in the end of the mix, and the son kite track as a kind of a more peaceful end for the mix.i personally love the koe track, so its not possible for me to say if it worked or not.since you didnt like that track its not really possible for you to say if it works or not either, you will only be able to say that youre distracted by the bad track obviously, not in fact if it works as a type of a track.

thanks for the feedback!

I'm just curious how he ended up here. :) Of course as a finnish person I think this is very positive thing....... but maybe he would sell more on some big/old/well-known english label? No?