who is GoaArchive?

PlutoDelic

before i ask for any information, i downloaded a 128 mp3 rip on the net of an unreleased album of an artist named GoaArchive. release date is 2002 if im not wrong (or rip date).

theres a track which took my attention called Sub Space, too bad it's a 128kbps mp3 and you dont hear a lot of elements but i think the rip is made personally by the author cause the information on the files is not like the typical ripper stuff.

anyway my question is who exactly is this artist\project, anyone ever heard about this weird name before, who is he/she/they?

anyone interested on hearing the tune will not be disapointed :), i even think it wont hurt any copyright to publish it here if all the mods agree?

I did a bit of googling. Various old trance sites link to goaarchive-com (un-linked, because the site has expired and there's only a domain squatter popup hell there). Archive.org (gah, archive overload) still has it. The real site was taken down in 2002. Everything thereafter is just spam.

There's indeed "Sub Space" and a lot more in the music section. Then, you can take a look at reply #36 of this topic. Apparently it was a free music project of five Nordic guys, also hosted at mp3.com. I don't think there's any problem with sharing the files further. Of course, you can ask them. At least Juho appears active on that site.

Yes, one of them finds it amusing to see himself on DC so i guess uploading a 128kbps wouldnt hurt him at all. I'll upload it as soon as i get home, that Sub Space track is a must-have for any kind of person who likes GOA. Since its bad quality, i hope someone gets stimulated for a remix :)...

Right...apparently NeuTron (who made that track) = Epsilon = Juho Lepistö. He has a profile at mikseri.net, a Finnish indie music site. Even more project names and old tracks there... Some GoaArchive stuff has been rereleased under Jolly Roger nick. Apparently he was also known as Reaper in the tracker music scene. I gotta see if I have any of his modules stacked on my HD. It was a small but intense world back then. :lol:

That's plenty of names for one fellow. Maybe he still has the originals? It never hurts to ask for a high quality copy...

not bad at all, quite goanish.. nice melodies but production was a bit rough..

if the guy still has the files can maybe remaster it or make a newer version, maybe the kick shall be replaced but the other lines are nice and floating.

thanks for letting me know of this project, in case u peopel can have a word witht he authors u can forward them to write me for a possible license of a track if properly made :)

considering that it is an old mp3 codec and just 128, encoded very bad without any quality-gain options, i wouldnt be surprised to criticize the kick and stuff but i totally agree with you, the track is rhythmic and with some few cosmetic changes in quality with the nowadays technology would make this track well known :)

by going through links from archives i found so many defunct projects.. here just an example:

http://web.archive.org/web/20010207173311/...f__goa____.html

so much stuff went lost when mp3.com deleted all.. :/