Generators

How about wiring up about 10 exercise bikes or rowing machines to a high efficiency dynamo - should get enough power for sound system and lighting and can use all the fit volunteers that a trancefloor could provide (think of it as an admission fee to your party).

Environmentally friendly, good for the health of the trancers and sociable.

bomble

for a real party light's and sound for about 500 people 20kwatt( you can give a life-act with this power) but for a normal party 10 is more than enough ...

i ones gave a party with 30 people in a forrest that was next to a friend's house ... we decided to give the party the same day and arranged everything that day... light's, beer, cdj's, mixer, speaker's ....

we collected cable from all the people and made a 300 m long cable from my friend's house into the wood's (hèhè, this is another option)... i played all night long from techno( some of my friend's like to hear this better) to goa at the second part of the night and it was just a perfect party, it cost us each 5$ :)))...

when the sun was about to rise it suddenly began to rain and thunder and we had to move everything back into the house (aaaaah hell ! speakers , mixer, everything trough the rain ... but still it was a very cool night :)

Guest Mike Indidginus

Bomble, with brilliant ideas likek those, I feel sure that your position as Rear Admiral of our Glorious Marmoset Armies is well deserved ;) (See other post about waiting for instructions for details if you haven't already ;))

Guest themoonwizard

depends on how many watt you're gonna pull

roughly count the amount of watt's of the lights you're planning to use, (if only TL-blacklights they're hardly using anypower, but beamers are more demanding).

and the soundsystem, if you've a prof.soundsystem ask in forehand how much it'll use, the people renting it will know.

for a freezer(+-500W) or a tap(+-1200W) (they always have litle regestration plate on 'em)

then take a safetymargen by adding an extra 20-30%, depends if you expect to have a lot of fluxuations with high peaks (cause of stroboscope's or... )

if you have multiple outlets on the generator(each separately fused) always play safe by putting max 3500W on one 16Ampère fuse.

if 32Amp fuse >+-7000W ,64Amp>15000W....

always completely unroll the extension cords,and lay them in a figure 8, otherwise they might melt(seriously)

also try to have 2 different circuits for sound and light, so when one falls out(mostly the lights) you still have sound(party=still on).

cU