SOLAR FIELDS - Movements

Melancholyman

I have been trying to get into "Leaving Home" but am having trouble with that - everyone seems to think its the greatest thing since sliced bread and I don't quite get it...

I appreciate the emotion and composition of it (I think), but it also seems generally bland to me, moves too slowly, and is very sparse on melody and overall "psychedelic" factor - I find it a nice album, and something I could play for polite company, but lacks that "other-worldy" vibe that I really enjoy...

I'm gonna keep listening to it though and see if I can get into the magic - like I said though, I do enjoy it, I'm just not blown away by it...

I have been trying to get into "Leaving Home" but am having trouble with that - everyone seems to think its the greatest thing since sliced bread and I don't quite get it...

I appreciate the emotion and composition of it (I think), but it also seems generally bland to me, moves too slowly, and is very sparse on melody and overall "psychedelic" factor - I find it a nice album, and something I could play for polite company, but lacks that "other-worldy" vibe that I really enjoy...

I'm gonna keep listening to it though and see if I can get into the magic - like I said though, I do enjoy it, I'm just not blown away by it...

Strange :)

Love that album like I love the electrypnose, biosphere albums... Melancholic and feeling yourself small in the beautiful universe... The Atmosphere is brilliant... But I'm generally more into atmosphere and not melody galore.

I for instance don't really like entheogenic that much. I mean I can hear the "nice" melodies, but it doesn't really take me away like deep "melancholic" albums do...

Leaving Home is one of my favourite albums but in true Ultimae fashion, it didn't hit me straight away. It took a lot of listens for me to really be able to focus & thoroughly enjoy :D