03. Transdriver - Hedgehog Rmx [07:43]

04. Terrafractyl - Finely Space [07:42]

05. Delirious Noon - Anybody [07:52]

06. Sattel Battle - The House Of Terrorizing Son [05:57]

07. Delirious Noon - Brainbow [06:46]

08. Mullet Mohawk - Rapinian Aivois [04:24]

09. Sattel Battle - Fun Key Sin Thesis [06:46]

10. Transdriver - Popperhnool [06:46]

This is a new compilation from Russian label vertigo records, and lately they have been releasing a lot of melodic morning ortientated stuff. In some points this release is full on, but not the typical full on with always the same sounds and buildups. This is innovating full on with fresh ideas and sounds. It's not all full on off course, but the infuence is obvious.

Let's review the release track by track.

01. Terrafractyl Vs Quench - Sweet Enuff [08:39]

I've never heard of these guys so I'm not sure what to expect. The intro is a bit cheesy and also a bit funky. The percussion is nice. This track is one of the most fullonish tracks on the album. Overall it never gets really cheesy and it is still pretty psychedelic because of the tiny fx sounds that swirl nicely. The melodys are not bad, but not outstanding either. So the balance is: good fx and dynamics, decent melodys, psychedelic, but also cheesy elements => Decent track.

02. Dejavu Fabrique - Airsimphony [07:42]

I have heard from these guys, but I don't know how they sound like. Cheesy intro again. The bassline is a bit subby. Very floathing track here. A bit old old israfull on style if you ask me. Then some pitched lfo sounds come in which gives the track more spice. Then a speed up part which give me the feeling there is something going to chance. A bit of a strange part here. A bit mindfucking without doing anything :blink:. Well it doesn't really work for me here, It has some nice elements but there is no progression. It stays subtle and a bit boring. Also too floathing. The end is a bit darker and more driving, but it is still nothing special or it doesn't save it for me. Allmost avarage track.

03. Transdriver - Hedgehog Rmx [07:43]

Long time ago I heard a Transdriver track. I don't know much of his tracks, but one track of him I like a lot is his rmx of The Nutcracker.

Here we got AGAIN a cheesy intro. The intros here are bothering me a bit. This track is better than the previous one but it aint my style either. It is again a bit too floathing but it has some nice russian trademark sounds. This track is decent but still not what I want. It would be better without the cheesy elements.

04. Terrafractyl - Finely Space [07:42]

This track finally doesn't start cheesy. But the bassline is again very fullonish. So far it doesn't really bother me, but it aint great either. It is pretty adult full on, no kiddy stuf here. Like in his previous track the psychedelic little sounds are well placed again. Not a bad track but it lacks some melody or russian sounds. It is too bass-orientated. The ending is nicer, but can't save the first 5 minutes. Average track.

05. Delirious Noon - Anybody [07:52]

Delirious Noon is a project from Furious, one of the leading russian psy-artists. Furious is very comlex and detailed darkpsy, but this is morning trance all the way. The track shows off with a full on bassline, which some of you may find a tad too full on. But not as full as the previous one. Anybody starts subtle and with some small melodies and very nice crackling sound and liquid drops. These sounds are extremely well produced and have a great dynamic. Soon lots of melodies come to you and they all sound emotional without being too cheesy. Then we have some effected samples from someboy saying 'anybody'.. this soudns a bit ravey or 90's. At the end we have a great climax with some eastern melody and great liquid fx again. Great depth of sound in this track. Excellent track!!

06. Sattel Battle - The House Of Terrorizing Son [05:57]

Sattle Battle is a very nice artist who released a very nice album 'Sounds Cool' last year. That track was more suomi than full on, but this bassline is sounding very full on again. i'm getting a bit tired of these basslines already. I expected more from this guy because the track is pretty boring again and more commercial than his album.. Sure it has some nice elements, but this one doesn't SOUND COOL! Allmost average track.

07. Delirious Noon - Brainbow [06:46]

Second track from Delirious Noon in this VA. This track has a darker bassline than the previous tracks and very nice resonated effects. But at 2 minuts there comes in a melody which is just PURE eurotrance or 90's. This is cheesy, very cheesy! But it is also fuuuuun :D. The track doesn't take itself very serious I think because above the layers of dreamy trance melody he also gives us very crazy effects and well placed glitches. This shit is seriously fun and about the best cheese track I have heard! The kind of cheese I like. Dancefloor Killer :)

08. Mullet Mohawk - Rapinian Aivois [04:24]

This track sounds more funny again and more spugedelic than full on. The samples make it sound goofy. It is cheesy again but not the typical full on cheese. This track is pretty short, but also pretty nice. The cheese works fine here like in the previous one. The previous track was way better off course. Almost good track.

09. Sattel Battle - Fun Key Sin Thesis [06:46]

Again a Sattel Battle track, I hope one he doesn't let me down again. According to the title this should get very funky. I hope so! When the bassline falls in I already have my doubt. Well it is not bad now. It is better for sure than track 6. This has some nice emotional subtle melodies. Around 3 minutes it is getting more funky. But still not the sounds cool funk, which we all liked! Still this track keeps getting better and better, so it is still pretty good.

10. Transdriver - Popperhnool [06:46]

The second transdriver track here. This track is totally not full on and neither dark psy, It is more like a suomisaundi track :). It is FUNKY as hell and also very melodic. The bassline is really nice and so is the melody. Nothing bad here and excellent track to finish this va. One of the best funky track I have heard. It saves the album a bit, because now we have 3 tracks here that should make this VA worth the buy

Conclusion: This album has 3 very nice tracks: the Delirious Noon tracks and the last track. The Popperhnool one is the onely track that has no cheese. If you like dark psy only, like old vertigo you should skip this off course. If you like full on and you want something innovating this would be a very good album for you! It has both melody and psychedelic sounds, that last thing is somethign rare in full on these days :P

Favorites: 5, 7 and 10!

Score: 6/10

Pretty average album.

Both Delirious Noon tracks are great, especially Brainbow is in my top 2008 list. Great combination of Psytrance with classic trance. 10/10 for this track!

The rest of the tracks are interesting, but forgettable. This is unfortunately something that happen in many Vertigo releases.

6/10 from me too.