System 7 sound off on musical open-mindedness

Basilisk

That was nicely put. I suppose there are various arguments one could make regarding the subject. The person complaining that he paid for techno and didn't get it still has a valid point, especially if techno was advertised. Beyond that, the rainbow/PLUR thing doesn't sit too well with the majority of people in the psychedelic/electronic scene in general, although it may have when the article was written, so that's a dangerous argument to end with. Ultimately I think the article is aiming at a very small minority of people who might "get it". "It" being, as you say, Basilisk, general open-mindedness, which is going to have a large population of detractors. But good for them for sticking to their guns and being genuine.

Very nicely put. Agree with system 7 100%. You need openmindedness in music otherwise it doesn't progress or evolve and remains being the same boring genre for years on end...

And i cant wait to see em live again in a couple of months :D