Can I make Goa music with Garageband?

Is anyone familiar with GarageBand? Can I produce or make GOA and/or download GOA kits to make Goatrance with GarageBand???

I would absolutely LOVE to make a Goa track and post it for your ladies and gents feedback and criticism. Any insight?, have garageband and trying to see if I can make something creative with it, if I find the right sounds/melodies to arrange. Thanks! :)

You can but it won't be fun, and you'll be missing out on 90% of the universe.

But factually, you can, it doesn't matter what you use to make goa, I could do it with a sampler and a microphone even. Recommend you invest some time to read tutorials and help on good software, like logic, fl studio, cubase, reason, abletone, jeskola buzz, renoise, acid, the list goes on. FL Studio is probably the easiest on first timers, and learning the UI of your software until you are comfortable with it will actually be one of the hardest parts. If you do that, then just keep making music, the more you do the better you'll get - expect yourself to suck immensely for the first year or even two.

But to answer your question, from my vaguest of vague knowledge garageband is more of an audio editor than a true sequencer, you will want sequencing software. There are no "kits" you can download, remove that notion immediatly. But if you mean a drum kit with percussion samples, those are plentiful and abundant. For your synths...there will be no "goa" synth patches (like there are psy synth patches you can DL for albino or vanguard, and is probably one reason why psy all sounds the same) goa never had it easy, ever, so even today its very difficult to skillfully make a track - you will have to make a great many of your sounds, by morphing them out of other presets or whatever way, not many leads in software synths will be suitable for goa since they are too over processed and don't have that classic sound, so you will have to sculpt your own and that takes you to learning how to create propper effects tracks on your sounds.

So thats a totally brief introduction to what you can expect - if you think garageband can do that for you, you can use it. Other software comes more equiped though. And if this is daunting you - it shouldn't be, this is all a great deal of fun and is very very satisfying, the feeling you get when you finish a track is a really amazing feeling. I often wondered what it means, I imagine it as the appreciation and fun that the world will experience hearing your track all hits you at that moment when you finish the track and have the final copy that will be put out.

Everyone who's made a peice of music they dig will know the feeling I'm talking about ;) Artists who complete a painting get the same feeling.

If you want to know what to get started with, well I'd say FL. I found its interface to be super intuitive.