The "Mindsphere should be pressed on cd" thread

mars

40 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the Mindsphere album deserves a CD release ?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. Do you think the Mindsphere album deserves a better mastering ?

• yes
    • no
  3. 3. Would you BUY that CD ?

• yes
    • no

Thanks Jon.

What I secretely expected was that some dudes out there would dare to say "ok i'll contact the right owner and see what he says"

What I more secretely expected was the owner would say "ok, anyway it was planned to be released as a CD in the first place, and as long as it's just for the sake of a better mastering and non-profit, I'm fine with it".

What I even more secretely expected was that some dudes out there would dare to say "ok, even for non-profit, I'm ready to take the risk, be fully transparent to the artist, spend a lot of time and work, and sell this album to the happy few who wanted it".

I know. And I know you know I know. I didn't want to spell it out. :)

Naturally I would buy a re-mastered version if someone, la , la , la... were to pick it up and remaster it to make it killargh... No not Suntrip, of course not Suntrip. :D;)

However others may attain more success selling this (anything Goa currently) than myself, unfortunately. I am more into Goa than anyone I know, in person. My close friends are not as passionate about this music. And so 99% of my communication about Goa/Psy is on psynews.org. This is the one place where I can connect with others who share my love and appreciation for this music. There is one little club in Philadelphia not far where I live that plays Full On Psytrance two nights a month. But they won't even play Infected Mushrooms older stuff. People have asked. The DJ's stick to Full On. It's good for clubs but it seems I'll have to come out to one of your countries to dance to Filteria or real Goa at a party one day. The sunrise and big outdoor party events I've seen on the internet blow away whatever North East coast scene we have in Psy. Alex Grey's art gallery in New York City changed my perspective when I attended an after hours party back in early 2007. Since then I stopped attending parties because of school and work. My lifestyle changed. What we need in the United States is a Goa scene, not people scattered all over the country who listen to the music like myself. And something more than the relatively big Psytrance scene in LA, California as well as the once-a-year Burning Man festival I've never been too. Every country is different though. :)

Remastering / Improvements

One thing I can do is post links on Tribe, the Goa Tribes online, once this album has released to online sites, stores, etc. Naturally it would be great if people could help out in some way. Every little bit of energy counts. Naturally, Suntrip or whoever re-masters this has to be aware that a variable (I'm guessing small) amount of Goa people already have the debut Mindsphere album "as is." Maybe just a dozen downloads here and there, but that is still a dozen or whatever potential less sales because these people have the free album. Some will buy the re-mastered (better) version and this if this artist lost certain files I don't know how much work will be necessary to improve the tracks. As a mixer and sound engineer from yesteryear, I tell everyone who mixes to keep all of your files and back them up no matter what. Use cubase or whatever is more versatile and keep your waves individualized (unlike a cheap, shitty program like Goldwave) because it is paramount to have access to those files and sounds for stress free, future sound improvement, alterations, etc. I say this because of some things I read regarding the mastering on a Mindsphere thread in the music promtotion or whatever thread her on this site.

We are some of the few people here on psynews.org, who know about Mindsphere and few others on various sites like Isratrance I noticed. Not a whole lot.

The only track I don't find very good (or above) on this album is track 2. It isn't as infectious, captivating, trance-inducing, as the others with exception to maybe the last slower, ambient one, which is unique. Track 7 is good too (better towards the end) but it seems loaded with sounds without an infectious element that made the previous song so tasty. I love the concept of the album, the tornado feel. I love the key changes during several tracks. We need more stuff like that. They're excellent. I also mentioned this on Filteria's Heliopolis. One of my favorite (fresh sounding) elements on Heliopolis was the key changes. The songs are on Inner Cyclone are very dynamic and filled with animation and complexity. Track 1, 3, 4, 5 are great. Track 6 is awesome. I love the changes of scenery, the change up in sound, and how the song often becomes more deep, complex and catchy as it progresses.

I recently listened to this artist's track on the 2006 Pyramidal Transcendence comp, which was very good, but I love the work on Inner Cyclone.

Mindsphere's debut is musically and creative-wise wonderful. But certain sounds and melodies (track 1 for starters) are tinny sounding, at times. In other words, some tracks have better "sound quality" than others. I listen to abums on my BOSE stereo system and also on headphones via Apple. Therefore every album goes through the sound system process. Some songs sound more crisp and well produced than others on Inner Cyclone, but when I compare Mindsphere's debut for example wto other Goa albums I bought in 2007, such as Transwave, D5, Twist Dreams, and Goasia, there is a noticeable difference in sound quality. Nonethelesss, it is few times that the sounds (track 1, at times) seem too high pitched and "tinny," not just high pitched the way they're supposed to be. And if certain files are uncompressed I don't know how much advantage this album has at getting a big improvement in a re-mastering process. Anything is possible I suppose. I am very impressed with this album overall. Naturally I occasionally hear certain tracks and think.. WOW this thing could sound amazing at times if it was re-mastered properly. This album took me by surprise. :)

Painful Story kicks ass! I was also surprised, it's funny this album and Nolax Persistence are the Goa albums I've listened to most of all releases this year. Ehrm last year I mean..and I'm not a Goa fanatic but these albums really are great.