Delay in cubase when playing VST synths with my new midi controller!

Just got a midi controller... But there is about a second in delay when pushing a note!? WHY???

I can see the parameter is reacting right away when i push a note, but the sound is coming about a second after... what to do, my wise compadres?

By the way, im using cubase sx3 if it makes any difference!?

Just got a midi controller... But there is about a second in delay when pushing a note!? WHY???

I can see the parameter is reacting right away when i push a note, but the sound is coming about a second after... what to do, my wise compadres?

By the way, im using cubase sx3 if it makes any difference!?

Are you using asio drivers with low latency? :)

What soundcard do you have? DirectX is not the way to operate.

The trouble shooting in the cubase website said that i should switch to directx?

Im using a standard pc soundcard... It is better than on my old computer, but i know its nothing special... Is that the reason!? But i think i figured it out, i pushed the "expert" button in the "VST audiobay" menu in "device setup". And chose the "multi processing" button and the "adjust for record latency" Now it works, but i don't feel 100% right!

But do i have to buy a audiocard? You know it's a lot of money, and i wouldn't call myself the new Ace ventura if you know what i mean, so is it even nessesary with a good audiocard?

The trouble shooting in the cubase website said that i should switch to directx?

Im using a standard pc soundcard... It is better than on my old computer, but i know its nothing special... Is that the reason!? But i think i figured it out, i pushed the "expert" button in the "VST audiobay" menu in "device setup". And chose the "multi processing" button and the "adjust for record latency" Now it works, but i don't feel 100% right!

But do i have to buy a audiocard? You know it's a lot of money, and i wouldn't call myself the new Ace ventura if you know what i mean, so is it even nessesary with a good audiocard?

You can do with your soundcard probably. Try Asio4All. Be sure to read about it, how it works etc. No you dont need a super card, and you can get pretty cool soundcards below the 100euro mark. I would not rush into things though, if you dont know if this is for you or not. Having native ASIO drivers and a proper card, really DOES help though :)

You can do with your soundcard probably. Try Asio4All. Be sure to read about it, how it works etc. No you dont need a super card, and you can get pretty cool soundcards below the 100euro mark. I would not rush into things though, if you dont know if this is for you or not. Having native ASIO drivers and a proper card, really DOES help though :)

I've played with fl studio and reason for a couple of years now, but i don't know any other people who make music as well, so im still pretty dumb:)

Everything i know, i have learned from myself...

But Asio4all you say... I'll look it up thanks :)

And can you recommend me an audiocard for below 100euros? Think i can find that kinda money, i thought it was way more expensive.

Edit.: It have to be external, im using a laptop :unsure: Is that for below 100euros to?

I've played with fl studio and reason for a couple of years now, but i don't know any other people who make music as well, so im still pretty dumb:)

Everything i know, i have learned from myself...

But Asio4all you say... I'll look it up thanks :)

And can you recommend me an audiocard for below 100euros? Think i can find that kinda money, i thought it was way more expensive.

Edit.: It have to be external, im using a laptop :unsure: Is that for below 100euros to?

No, you are not dumb, you are just not filled with all the information that you need. :)

USB or FireWire? :)

http://www.thomann.de/thoiw12_maudio_usb_a...e_prodinfo.html << USB (I think youre danish, so I pasted Danish Link hehe)

http://www.thomann.de/gruppe-COXS-0.html?iwid=12

Check out there, more :)

No, you are not dumb, you are just not filled with all the information that you need. :)

USB or FireWire? :)

http://www.thomann.de/thoiw12_maudio_usb_a...e_prodinfo.html << USB (I think youre danish, so I pasted Danish Link hehe)

http://www.thomann.de/gruppe-COXS-0.html?iwid=12

Check out there, more :)

USB

And your right i am danish.. thanks alot nemo :)