Label: Iboga Records

Style: Progressive psytrance

Date: 4th of November, 2007

Total playing time: 75:19 minutes

Format: MP3 (VBR)

Size: 104 MB

Download URL: http://www.doei.org/misc/pr0fane_-_Trendsetters.mp3

About "Trendsetters":

It's been roughly a year since the last set I recorded. A lot of great music has been released since then, and in this set I will feature some of the artists I consider among the trendsetters in the progressive psytrance scene - plus a couple of fresh, new artists.

After a short introduction from Eelke Kleijns new album, FREq's tribal remix of Antix's "Cold Nights" take over. The tribal style is continued in Antix and Embarks summer-hit "Hammer & Tongs", after which the set takes a short detour into the psygressive electro realm with Lish and Citizen.

The rest of the set is a journey through increasingly intense and euphoric progressive psytrance, with both newer tunes from artists like Liquid Soul and Ace Ventura, as well two of my favourite remixes from 2002, brought to life by Son Kite and Ticon.

Enjoy :)

Tracklist:

01. Eelke Kleijn - Defining The Pattern // Global Underground

02. Antix - Cold Nights (FREq Remix) // Iboga

03. Antix vs. Embark - Hammer & Tongs // Flow

04. Lish - Consciousness // Iboga

05. Citizen - Uncharted // Flow

06. Symphonix - Rhythm In Motion (Liquid Soul Remix) // Blue Tunes

07. Ace Ventura - Exposed // Iboga

08. Infinity - Stratosphere // Mikrokosmos

09. Vernon - Wonderer (Son Kite Remix) // Hadshot

10. Eargear - Trancehouseexpress (Ticon Remix) // Hadshot

11. Behind Blue Eyes - Rumble In The Jungle (Zen Mechanics Remix) // Iboga

12. Vibrasphere - Landmark (Allaby Remix) // MPDQX/Digital Structures

13. Ace Ventura & Lish - The Light // Iboga

About me:

25 year old Jannick Andersen from Denmark is one of the rising DJ-talents of the progressive scene where he, known under the name pr0fane, is starting to get noticed nationally as well as internationally.

His love for electronic music started with acts like Kraftwerk, Jean Michel Jarre, Prodigy and Chemical Brothers - in 1997 he discovered psychedelic trance, and since then he's been a loyal follower of this scene, though in later years his taste has developed more and more towards progressive sounds.

He is very dedicated to the craft and art of DJ’ing, and has been DJ’ing seriously since the beginning of the millennium, with his career really taking off in the last couple of years, resulting in bookings all over Denmark at various indoor and outdoor locations. Apart from playing at some of the best clubs and venues all over Denmark, plus in countries like England and Germany, he has also played at some well-known festivals around Europe, such as Soulclipse (Turkey), in:deep:an:dance (Germany), Naked (Germany), Middle Earth (Denmark) and SEMF (Denmark).

His taste is quite broad, which enables him to play very varied sets, depending on the different factors of the party like crowd, location and time of day - from storming full on psychedelic party music over progressive trance and progressive house, electro house, tech house to delicious ambient and chillout-sessions. In the last couple of years his primary focus has been on the uplifting side of the progressive spectrum though - mostly with uplifting sound-textures and melodic structures without getting cheesy, and with a strong sense of solid and dance friendly grooves, suitable for the magic morning or daytime hours. Always with a mix of cutting-edge new sounds and a few memorable old gems here and there, maintaining an interesting flow - and of course with the technical skills to back it up.

pr0fane is currently a label-DJ for the Danish progressive psytrance label Iboga Records.

Links:

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/pr0fane

Iboga Records: http://www.iboga.dk

• 2 weeks later...

sorry that I did not reply earlier to this thread! this mix is one of the best ones I have heard this year, if not THE best. (not counting my own then, that is :lol: just kidding) :)

Great job man, keep it up!

Awesome mix!!!!! Thanks for sharing :clapping:

.....and yes, i totally agree with Nemo :)

also as i see from your signature, i ll probably be in 25.07-2008: Fragmental Festival, Århus (Derango, Syntax Error, Psypox, NASA) and

at 06.09-2008: Halvandet, in Copenhagen :posford: :posford: :posford: :posford: