02. 6’29” Made To Measure

03. 6’57” Balanced Dancing

04. 8’42” Acid’n’Dance

05. 7’53” Follow You (Remix)

06. 6’48” World of Vision

07. 7’32” Starting Point

08. 8’24” Keep Rolling

09. 7’00” Mimona Day (Downtempo)

This is my first experience with Moonsun Records.It seems like they have some dark leanings but also some chill-out tendencies. I picked this up because with the exception of the color on the cover, that looks like my sub woofer. Yep, that’s it. This is Avishey Terdiman (must’ve been tough growing up with that name). I heard good things about his first release Crazy Fantasy, but have yet to pick that up. All in due time I suppose. Let’s get to it!

Duduki Dance (Dub Mix)- Smooth ambient dub is what we have here. Beautiful strings with various flutterings and Middle Eastern melodies dominate. This track flows smoothly over synths and feathery strings. There is a melancholy feel to it, and it is an absolute gem of a chill out track. Outstanding track! :clapping:

Made To Measure- Wow, wasn’t expecting that first track. Slow down usually comes at the end of the disc. This one has a nice buildup to a rampaging bass line. Synths are added one by one, until the break that is seamless. The lead out of the break snakes to another break and then has the crap filtered out of it. Nice!

Balanced Dancing- With a stutter step bass line and a filtered lead we are on our way. He seems to enjoy playing with the cutoff knob and that is fine by me. There are several leads going as the break opens above soft sting pads. I like how he changes from lead to lead without missing a beat. Great track!

Acid’n’Dance- With kind of an ambient start, a bass line forces its way to the front. Metallic leads scrape your ears as a new melody emerges from the break continuing the groovy feel. When the 303 roars itself awake, let it take you. Very good track!

Follow You (Remix)- Muted break beat drums below an ethereal pad give this track a “wait and see” feel. The melodic chimes are wispy as a bass lead rumbles underneath. A shimmering lead sparkles but it’s missing something. While I think this is a good track, I think the ideas could’ve been more fleshed out as there were some elements of cheese. I would call this trance rather than psy. Not a bad listen though!

World of Vision- There is nothing remarkable about this track with the exception of good production. No real highs or lows, it just…goes. Average.

Starting Point- The title track, so this should shine. There is some chanting in a foreign language at the outset with some nature sounds in the background. The melody is soft and the emotion is soothing. The synths continue rolling as a light piano melody plays far off in the distance. This is smooth and relaxing, just right for an afternoon at the beach. Great track!

Keep Rolling- Soft chopped up synths and a light guitar melody create a mellow mood. And that is what this track does, keeps rolling. The groove is not complex and there is about not really wanting something, but the fantasy of wanting it. The chopped up synths come back and I am just chillin’ in the cut. I would’ve liked a little more…thickness but still a nice track!

Mimona Day (Downtempo)- So…I guess this is a downtempo track. :rolleyes: A twisting synth rolls across some nice chilled atmosphere. The groove is maintained as new leads come and go. Nice ending!

Summary: This was a nice surprise. He really has a sense of how to keep the flow of the track going. This is very melodic and carves a danceable path in the sea of cheese and mediocrity. His junctions between breaks are seamless and the sounds are super clear showing his skills as a producer. This is not in your face acidic power trance but what I would call “mellow trance.” Like I mentioned before, perfect for a lazy afternoon watching the waves come in. People, get this now. There is so much music out there that is average at best, but this reaffirms my faith in the scene. 8.5/10

Mdk