cdj100 or cdj200 (Pioneer)

Guest The Journey Man Project

ok so of course it will sav eplenty of money to get the cdj100... but is there much difference? is it really owrth the extar $200Aussie for cdj200? I'm buying soon so just wanna hear what you have to say... also is the djm400 better to buy than the djm300?

the more expensive options you mention are defenitly better..

the 200's are more acurate, have a loop option that can be fun, read mp3 (in case you wanna) and good alot prettier :P

I dont like the 300's much. The gain isnt very linear, but more like a stairs in their respons. The bpm doesnt make any sense since its not acurate at all. Never played with the 400. its got fxs which can be nice. its probably also more acurate and it has the ever important 'talk over' function :P

But then again its twice the costs..

Good luck!

ps: its better to save a little more for good stuff than to get annoyed after 3months because you got the cheap stuff..

yeah true... I was pretty much convinced the CDJ200 was the one to get...

mixer wise I'm looking now and either getting a 4 channel pioneer... maybe the djm800... which would mean a lot more saving but probably wouldn;t need a new mixer for ages...

I considered going the cdj1000's but they're way to bulky to transport and the extra functions I'd never use for dj'ing trance or chillout...

I own and LOVE the CDJ 1000s! I'm a spoiled little bitch! I love my vinyl mode! :P;) Anyway, I have used the 100s and 200s as well, and would most definitely recommend the 200s. I used them back in March for the first time and was actually quite impressed with the handling. The 100s are my worst nightmare. The 800s are very comparable to the 1000s and are a heck of a lot cheaper.

Didn't you sell some DJ stuff a while ago?

yes when I moved to Japan at the end of 2005. There were a number of reasons for this. Mainly why would I both keeping them when A) they;d gather dust while I lived o/s for a year, B) the set up was pure shit and I rarely used them