Heterogenesis - Revoluciones Maquinicas

Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: Heterogenesis

Title: Revoluciones Maquinicas

Label: Dark Prisma

Release: August, 2007

Track Listing:

01. 2�02� Entrando A La Via Organica (Intro)

02. 6�38� Constelacion Armonica

03. 7�46� Danzando Fuera De La Mente

04. 7�45� Despertando El Espiritu

05. 6�52� Silencio Interior

06. 7�05� Universos Incorporales

07. 7�37� El Espiral Hacia La Eternidad

08. 7�51� Campo Molecular

09. 7�13� Conciencia Multidimensional

10. 8�51� Abstraccion Subjetiva

Wow, that was tough. Typing the Spanish titles of the tracks took a lot out of me. Sure I can speak Spanish, well a little. I took 4 years of it in high school, but that was ages ago. Besides, this girl that sat across from me was hot. Not go to the front of the class because I�m pitching a tent hot. I stumbled across this release and got it because of the interesting artwork. I haven�t heard anything about Dark Prisma records, but I was able to discover this was mastered by Artifakt at TimeCode studios. Advantage number one. This is a combo of Jorge Uema (Pragmatix) and Cosmos Vibrations. Dark Prisma released Frantic Noise �The Nordland Orchestra� which was dedicated to the dark side of trance while this one bills itself as a genre-smasher, containing both light and dark. I believe the Argentinian Revolucion has begun ladies and gentlemen. Let�s get to it!

Entrando A La Via Organica (Intro)- �I don�t want you to think of this as some process of converting electrons and magnetic impulses and shapes and figures and sounds�no. Listen. We�re here to make a dent in the universe. Otherwise why even be here�. Forgive the translations, but I will do my best. We enter an organic life. This is a short Dark Ambient intro, and it sets the stage nicely. The above sample is awesome and I can�t wait to dent that sonofabitch universe!

Constelacion Armonica- With a rambling bass line that es muy rapido we take off. Good synth work and the break sets up the next phase. You can here the intermingling of dark and light as the track bristles with power. What a great start. Power with a dark atmosphere!

Danzando Fuera De La Mente- Here we are dancing outside of our mind. The track starts with a sliced pad sound and is rounded with a wicked bass sound that gives a nice bottom end. Again you can taste the squirty dark leads that a lot of Darkpsy producers like. Very good track!

Despertando El Espiritu- Waiting for the spirit has a lot of sounds to keep you occupied. As one is leaving, another takes its place and fills the void. I like that attention to detail. The lead snakes around the full-on bass line in various iterations and turns this track into a quite the mover. Very good track!

Silencio Interior- Interior Silence. I know; you�re proud of me for that one. I just love the dark feel that opens this track, and it moves along nicely. Not a whole lot to say about this one though, so I�ll just say good track.

Universos Incorporales- I�m going to go out on a limb here and say this means Incorporated Universes. The bass line drives in this one as a soft melody creeps to the front. Psysounds keep your mind working as the beat goes on. This is just a nice straight forward piece of psytrance. Good track!

El Espiral Hacia La Eternidad- The spiral towards eternity again has that dark atmosphere. I felt the middle bit was a tad uninteresting, until someone asked if I was a dreamer. Since I am, I wasn�t afraid to admit it. When the leads near the end kick in, it helps the track. I would say pretty good track.

Campo Molecular- Molecular country. Is that like flavor country? Because if it is I want no part of it. Ask the Marlboro man how that�s going. This track seems to have a really fat kick and the leads set the tone. By the 2�30� I am tapping my toe. The lead wipes its emotions all over your face. The lead changed a couple of times, and before I knew it, the track was over. Good track!

Conciencia Multidimensional- Multidimensional conscience. Were these guys philosophy majors. Their titles are deep. Their sound production is as well. The lead is short and subtle, as an arpeggio weaves about. This one seemed shorter, but no less good. Good track!

Abstraccion Subjetiva- Subjective Abstraction�yeah, I don�t even know what that means. But I�m here to tell you that this is the obligatory Downtempo track. With a dubby feel. The leads sprinkle about, and it feels like Jamaica at late afternoon. The beat is heavy and I think I see the waves crashing on the shore. Great track!

In Summary: This was a very good debut. It is full-on, but very well defined full-on. I am usually wary of discs that bill themselves as genre-spanning as they usually don�t even get one right. This is different. There are no club sounds here, and you might as well leave your glow-sticks at home. My mind never wandered, and I really enjoyed the dark feel to this disc. I�m sure improvements could be made, but like I said, for a debut it is a great start. 8/10