02. 7�23� Toast3d � Slayer

03. 6�51� Cyber Cartel � Fragile Mind

04. 7�39� Bamboo Forest � Modeled Waveform Synthesis

05. 7�20� Spinal Chord � Kill the Groove

06. 6�24� Opium of the Masses- True Reality

07. 8�36� Electric Universe � Def Con

08. 7�24� Beat Hackers � End of Session

09. 8�03� Bio-Tonic � We Are Snakes

Agitato Records has released a lot of full-on and I would imagine that this wouldn�t be any different. The title is called Goa Generation and I love good goa trance, so now my hopes have been raised. I want to be cautiously optimistic, but wow, look at that track list! It�s like a who�s who in the genre. Sometimes that can be a pitfall however, so let�s take a look and see what they have cooked up for us.

Space Buddha � Isradelic- Eliad Grundland has released his latest album �Full Circle� but I haven�t heard it yet. He�s been in the game for quite some time, releasing good goa trance as well as some really good full-on music. Sure enough, we are quickly met by a crafty lead that brings back the feeling of yesteryear. Beautiful eastern melodies backed up by a powerful kick show that he�s still got it. As expected, this also has elements of full-on, but done well. What a way to start off the compilation. Great track!

Toast3d � Slayer- Slayer?!? Really? That doesn�t seem very peaceful, but let�s see. The first lead sounds like a heavily synthesized guitar being put thru its paces while the bass line rumbles underneath. There is of course the obligatory drug sample, but it is smoothly placed in the break and doesn�t last long. This track has a lot of stops and starts, but seems to flow pretty well. Decent track.

Cyber Cartel � Fragile Mind- You can�t stop Vik Shefi, you can only hope to contain him! The distorted lead weaves around a full-on bass line and combines with some softer tones. The gentle goa melody is there with a sprightly arpeggio, harkening back to the 303. At first, I didn�t like his choice of sounds, but after repeated listens, it grew on me. Pretty good track.

Bamboo Forest � Modeled Waveform Synthesis- Here come the �Forest� with a soft opening, setting us up. High pitched tones scramble over gentle percussion. I liken the groove to a �shuffling� gait, with some floaty pads and Indian singing. I�m a sucker for some Indian singing. I would�ve liked a little more variation, but still a pretty good track.

Spinal Chord � Kill the Groove- This is Matan Haklidan and he starts of with a woman power sample over delicate pads. Kinda corny. The galloping bass line picks up the pace, until the break, which sounds very peaceful. This whole track has a sunrise feel to it, gently escalating, until the finale which seems to get a bit more frantic. Not a bad track.

Opium of the Masses- True Reality- I said you couldn�t stop Vik Shefi and here he is again! This time with Space Buddha under their project Opium of the Masses, which released their debut album and what a cracker it was! This track jumps right into some sunny lead and then it gets a funky makeover! Toe tapping�check. When the �true� goa melody arrives, I am lost. Beautiful! This track has some definite beach appeal. The break-beat break is a great transition. Great track!

Electric Universe � Def Con- Here comes Boris, the master! Mr. do-it-all! One of my favorite artists. Ominous start, with a feeling that makes you want to look over your shoulder. But I guess that is what Def Con is if movies have never lied to me. And let�s make it clear�movies don�t lie! Funky, dirty lead trudging through hi-hats opens the door for his signature spooky acid. A guitar (I know, normally I hate it too), takes the place of the lead briefly, and you can feel this track building. While this track is not as hectic as his usual fare as of late, I find it appealing. Pretty funky with a nice psy feel. Ididn�t find any goa in here though. Pretty good track.

Beat Hackers � End of Session- Guy Peled teases with a snarky bass line and various stabs. This sets us up for a goa melody at around 2�10� which is very nice. Nimble synths dance around a quirky wah-wah guitar. But this track has no flow. A lot of stops and starts, with some �quiet� spots. It leaves my ears yearning for something more. Average track.

Bio-Tonic � We Are Snakes- Oh..my..God. Yeah you�re scary, mr. black mamba. I expect more from you guys. That ridiculous opening aside, ah who am I kidding. This is stupid. What the hell is this doing on this compilation? You have already injected your poison and now I need a shower. Please.

In Summary: Well, for the most part this is a decent compilation. I had hopes that this would assist in the �goa revival� but it doesn�t. As I missed Goa when it first came around, I am always looking for music that captures the feeling of that time. There are a couple of standout tracks and some good ones, but the flavor of yesteryear is not here. If I throw out the debacle that was the last track, I would give this compilations an 7.5/10

MDK