Overlap Project Tracks from Upcoming Album on Myspace!, Overlap Biosphere album ( Planet BEN Records)

Melancholyman

Hi everyone this is not an album review so I do not know if it is supposed to be posted here or not, also I have never done any reviews so this will prolly just be b-shit. But everyone has a first time. And Since I don't have the expertise to review the tracks one by one missing the right vocabulary and so on I will just write what I think in general and I hope someone else might be able to review it more properly then I will also learn.

I can for starters say that I have some trouble defining different trance genres. I've been listening to this kind of music for about 7 years time now and I have not really taken the time to dig in and realize the different genres. I very often confuse goa with fullon for example, and some psytrance I think sounds like goa or fullon he, anyways Overlap has put up 4 tracks of their upcoming album Biosphere.

My first impression is that I like different sounds being used, feels kinda fresh and new and ofc there are many sounds I could think just bein taken from other artists, but I believe that is often the case. Kinda nice build-ups on the songs, and I also like the kind of sinister beginning of Silent Hill, makes me think of the catastrohpy of tjernobyk, and ofc bcs they are russian. On the downside, I never liked when putting voice into songs, or to me unneccesary samples from movies and so on, and this is done here aswell and I can't say I enjoy it but it's not as though it spoils the tracks. But I would have lived happier without them. I think it takes away the artistic sens in the songs, this is not always done bad ofc and there are tracks with voice that I think fir perfectly. I am thinkin of some Infected songs in particular NOT on I'm the supervisor or Vicious Delicious (just for the record). Well after listening to these preview tracks I say this sounds rather promising, and as it states it is fullon it is probably one of the better fullon tracks I've heard. So all in all sounds promising, and this will be an album worth purchasing I presume. But plz leave out those silly samples in the future!

UPDATE:

Another track from this upcoming album was available on another myspace site, a chillout track named Seasons Of Winds with Biosphere feat. Shogo Buzz. The first I can say about this track is that it is not chillout, not in my book at least. It's still a decent track and it makes me think of the more dance and dub influenced tracks on Bluetech's Sines And Singularites. Not a great track but very listenable.

CD artwork available here:

www.myspace.com/meskalart

:clapping:

very impressive dude... and it seems that we have been seeing some cd covers by him lately

enjoy