Vibrasphere - Exploring the Tributaries

longloststar

Posted Image

Vibrasphere - Exploring the Tributaries

Holy devil in hell, what a slick album to go with that chick cover. Straight on the curly line that lies between tastyness and fuzzyness, Vibrasphere from the cold winters of Sweden has created an unresistable full length with melodies so appealing and basslines so fulfilling, surely you will twirl on your toes in utter delight. Lets start exploring.

1. Heading North. Like a shrimp sandwich aperitif, we start off unexcitingly; its almost beatless, somewhat boring but beautiful ambient; setting the stage for something greater, much like the tender caress of young inexperienced lovers before the final act initates. This would have worked better as an intro, cutting a minute or two. But certainly, Im grasping at straws here.

2. Erosion. Ah, how the name tempts another erotic analogy; but I'll avoid them (until I forget that I should.) We get our first 4/4 kick, albeit a soft one, accompanied by a near to shapeless bass. Higher frequencies consist of partly a moaning/flutelike sound giving the song a distinct feeling, and partly an arp-based melody joining the beat rougly halfway in. This is a very charming tune and the melody evolves nicely, once it begins, into a satisifying climax (shame on me already?). I am captivated, but not yet caught. Lets move on.

3. Isolation. 4/4 again, this time harder altough far from annoying; in fact, it contributes to a very hypnotic atmosphere together with a nicely repetitive arp and an equally repetitive mid frequency fuzzy synth hit. This feels dark. Now, however, I am sucked in, like a doomed bird into a giant turbine awaiting its final destiny; its struggle against the fierce winds lasts into the sixth minute when a new melody, a new hope if you will, is introduced. I would have prefered it climaxed into something darker; like that poor bird, at last in peace with its gloomy fate, altough this is more in line with the feel of the album. The best track on the album, in my opinion.

4. Vertical. Sparingly melodious, I find this somewhat boring, its major appeal being great windy drops giving the song a fine exploratory feeling. This is a paranthese to me, and being that I'll move on.

5. In Control. This is too much disco for my poor soul. I find the melody somewhat obnoxious and the singing (talking) does not make matters better. However, it is nevertheless a highly acceptable tune.

6. 102 Miles from Here. A funky bassline, now thats a surprise; it is in reality what gives the song its entire character. This is in fact as funky as the album gets. Again we have these windy pads that pass by; their level of perfection is, I find, what gives Vibrasphere their unique sound this time around. Anyway, the song climaxes into one part fast pace low freq, one part slow paced high freq melody. Very enjoyable.

7. Wasteland. Into darker territories again, as the name suggest. We are treated to an IDMish intermezzo, or two. The bassline follows the main melody like a dog strapped to rolling boulder into the nordic night and we have these siren/banshee howls in the far. Funky and atmospherish, this is nice but not exceptional.

8. Forever Imaginary. Now this is something else. A dreamlike scenario is painted with multiple layers of melodies and a very deep and long bassline. A beautiful track, in lines with the dreams I imagine inhabits the mountain climber's mind on his last night before the summit.

9. Ensueño. Another track lacking the good old 4/4; what we have here is a pleasant ride with occasional and intensive deep padlike swirls of melody which make the tune distinct. Relaxing and positivizing, should there be such a word, setting the stage for a grand exit.

10. Mountain Lake. This is the lake of some lost childhood, sprinkled with melancholy and the insight of what will never be again. It has all the beauty of the summer and the winter, expressed through a piano line; the essential part of the song and it cannot, I am sure, be disliked, in fact disloved. It does not get much better.

11. Yaku. An outro, it does the job, whatever the job is.

What a sweet ride, if you have not aquired the taste for Vibrasphere yet, do it now. If you have, enjoy.

4.5/5

As usual, Vibrasphere delivers! A bit more minimal approach on the dancetracks this time, but still as Atmospheric as always. It is a very nice journey from beginning to the end. As I enjoy playing ambient as well as trance this album is perfect for me. 10/10

One of the best releases in 2007 for sure! Well when this album circulated i didnt have any doubt if this will be good, their music is guarantee! I hear their music from their first releases (the open sphere, nowhere, autopilot, mental mountain e.t.c). They are very talent in both styles ambient-chill and trance! Maybe some of my fav tracks from them is ambient tracks but all of these year they have produce wonderul tracks!

Anyways now for this album:

I found it more progressive and melodic, more serious and the sound is crystal as always!!! GREAT MASTER!!! I think when they signed in Tribal Vision records their music is have a little change, and their sound suits with this label!!!

I like it very very much, and the ambient tracks is as always awesome!!!

VERY RECOMENDED

10/10

:)