Ok imma spin again

alrighty, i had some technic sl1200's before alot even listened to goa and they were fun, but heavy and a pain and much of my precious vinyl would get screwed from irresponsible usage at various situations. i decided to hook up the spin again, but this time i want cd decks. i know this isnt music making but its pretty involved innit so i figured this would be the best place. so basically..

give me the full info. is the mixer with cd deck packages good? if fo which ones? if single is better which ones? please leave me no details out :) :) : ) :) :) :) thanks

i'd go for two cdj 100's or 200s if you can afford it and a decent simple mixer, djm 300 for example. A pretty basic set up but it will let you dj pretty much everywhere if you can use these. I found some really cheap ones to be fine for practicing as well. Once had a reloop rm 20 or something. That wasnt too bad.

As long as they have:

3 way eq,

a option to listen to several channels seperately and together

a gain per channel

mic channel for those killarrrgh vocals you are going to add :lol:

If you get it second hand make sure it hasnt been travelling alot. And test the laser by playing some copied cds. See if the frontslot isnt touching your cd's if you put them in and check the top wheel if its still spinning correctly.

good luck!

i'd go for two cdj 100's or 200s if you can afford it and a decent simple mixer, djm 300 for example. A pretty basic set up but it will let you dj pretty much everywhere if you can use these. I found some really cheap ones to be fine for practicing as well. Once had a reloop rm 20 or something. That wasnt too bad.

As long as they have:

3 way eq,

a option to listen to several channels seperately and together

a gain per channel

mic channel for those killarrrgh vocals you are going to add :lol:

If you get it second hand make sure it hasnt been travelling alot. And test the laser by playing some copied cds. See if the frontslot isnt touching your cd's if you put them in and check the top wheel if its still spinning correctly.

good luck!

thanks my dude. i was actually looking at the cdj 1's last night. i might order them.. actually i am right now. brand new as well, i hate used stuff, i felt bad for the guy who bought my used technics. i mean those things were everywhere, so i know. thanks again!!!

I dont agree with Supergroover. I personally hate the cdj 100's and 200's with a passion. If you go for the CDJ's get the 1000s. Other than that I have HEARD that the new DENON ones are really nice as well. Some people say that its the closest player to vinyl feeling (Denon S3500). I would personally go for a USBlaster: http://www.usblaster.com/Products/DJ%20/%2...bles/USB%207329 its a true hybrid...

but since I am lame, I kack on all of them and stick to my MacBook for now, for djing :)

I dont agree with Supergroover. I personally hate the cdj 100's and 200's with a passion. If you go for the CDJ's get the 1000s. Other than that I have HEARD that the new DENON ones are really nice as well. Some people say that its the closest player to vinyl feeling (Denon S3500). I would personally go for a USBlaster: http://www.usblaster.com/Products/DJ%20/%2...bles/USB%207329 its a true hybrid...

but since I am lame, I kack on all of them and stick to my MacBook for now, for djing :)

i still have some good vinyl, but most of my classix i gave to friends. that hybrid looks rediculous and i know i would have fun with it, but i have a sahppire st1 mk2 system with onkyo an its loud. i got an amazing idea for a booth outside in my big backyard. imma start spinning outside for my neighbors. so cd decks will do, cheap ones at that. but thanks nemo for the good look on new stuff.