reason tips

for all these tpis and tricks I would suggest reason 3 users to make them a combinator patch for quick access

creative techniques

1.multutiband compression

-run signal to spider audio

-run spider audio to 2 or more paramic EQ's or mclass EQ running parralel

-run each of the EQ's to compression module(which ever compessor you preffer)

-use each EQ to isolate certain frequency ranges

-combine the audio from compressors with a mixer or another spider audio module

Now you have compressors for specific frequency ranges that can be udjusted seperately

2.stereo offset(creates a stereo feild with out any molulation)

-run signal to spider audio

-run two lines of the the spider audio into delay units running parallel

-set on delay to 1 ms and the other to 3-15 ms, set the feedback to 0, mix to 100% effected and one all right pan the other all left pan.

-combine the audio from delays with a mixer(if doing this with mixer make sure you repan each channel) or another spider audio module.

This effect creates a stereo feild that can be widened and narrowed by adding and subtracting ms from one of the delay. if your feild becomes too wide you can also turbn the panning a little closer to 12 o'clock

EF

heres some more

3.controlled delay feedback loop(warning my cause speaker/ear damage if not careful

-start with a mixer and a delay or reverb(start with delay and once you get the hang of controling the feedback then try reverb)

-run an audio source to the mixer that you want to effect(such as vocal sample)

-run your delay to a spider audio

-run one spider audio output to the return

-run a second to a open channel of your mixer

heres where it gets dangeress

(what you are about to do is run the delay back into it self)

-turn your aux up on the sample channel

NOW BY TURNING UP THE AUX ON THE DELAY CHANNEL YOU WILL BE SENDING IT BACK TO IT SELF

-TURN IT UP VERY SLIGHTLY UNTIL YOU CAN HERE IT FEEDING BACK INTO IT SELF

-THERE GOING TO BE A POINT WHERE THE FEEDBACK WILL GET LOUDER AND LOUDER. BY TURNING THE AUX KNOB BACK TO ZERO IT WILL KILL THE FEEDBACK LOOP.

-BY AUTOMATING PLAYING WITH THE AUX SEND YOU CAN GET SOME CRAZY FEEDBACK IN A SONG WITH OUT DESTROYING SPEAKERS

4.recreating a pattern controlled filter like rebirth 2.0 in reason

i cant beleive i never thought of this. Ive made pattern controlled filters before but never tried to recreate a tb303, distort it and then run it through a pattern controlled filter with setting to match the rebirth PCF

run audio source into evelope filter effect. attach matrix to the filter

note on controls envelope/velocity controls cut off

i have all the patterns from the PCF on rebith 2.0 and Im thinking about rewritting them into a matrix and saving every thing as a combo PCF effect

• 3 weeks later...