Should we punish artists........

Guest implant

Ok....The Subject is litle wrong.....it should be....

Should we punish LABELS...???

The "artists" themselves are not guilty for being so mind-closed...and they are not guilty for making so fucking boring music....LABELS are guilty for realising these "bands".......So this is message to all trance fans......

STOP BUYING CDs....THEY DON'T WORTH A SHIT.........So this is the only way if you want to hear innovative trance sound again.......

Now everybody thinks "hey i have a computer....well I CAN BE A STAR !"....

sorry you can't.......many labels shouldn't have be opened......just look how many of them exist....and so litle quality music is being released....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D O N ' T B U Y C D ' S ! ! !

Guest Ciotera

What's your problem, man?

I like the cd, I buy it. I don't like it, I don't buy it. You should do the same.

Are you pissed off because the psytrance music industry is not catering to your individual needs? Hate to break it to you, but you alone don't determine what gets produced and sold. Try not to be so selfish. It isn't necessarily broken just because you happen not to like it.

Chill.

I sympathize with the sentiment behind Implant's message. Labels have been putting out too much crap. Maybe it's not their fault. Maybe the're just releasing the best stuff that is submitted to them. Still, I think the bar has been lowered in the last couple of years and someone needs to come along and raise it again, back to where it was or higher.

That doesn't mean that we should boycott the labels. That's a little extreme, especially since the poor quality of their releases will put them out of business eventually anyway. But the mediocrity of releases these days has kept me from buying anything for many months now. I think I've bought maybe 5 or 6 psy CDs this whole year, about 5% of what I bought last year. I'm probably not alone.

Someone please raise the bar. Please. :)

Guest Fiba Optix

Agree with Mike & Ciotera. I fyou dont like it dont buy it - simple - period.

Remember that as the scene expands, the music keeps evolving/mutating. Learn which artists/labels you DO like & which ones you DONT like & then there wont be any problems.

Cheers

Fiba

"I fyou dont like it dont buy it - simple - period."

Well, I think that's kinda the point, Mr. Optix. :) Seriously, what if someone WANTS to buy more albums, but there's nothing good enough to buy?

Mike, you silly shit, some people are a little harder to satisfy. :)

We should punish the PEOPLE that buy boring shit ;))

Because that's why labels put out so much of the same sounding beat over and over again, they just put out what people buy.

(it's the Mcdonals phenomen, people don't want to eat in other hamburger places, they just eat what's feels "safe" for them, in other words, they don't even want to think about eating in some other place, because the food could taste different there)

Author: Epic Automata (---.cvx.algx.net)

Date: 11-21-02 07:47

"I fyou dont like it dont buy it - simple - period."

Well, I think that's kinda the point, Mr. Optix. :) Seriously, what if someone WANTS to buy more albums, but there's nothing good enough to buy?

Mike, you silly shit, some people are a little harder to satisfy. :)

Ok, sorry,. I"m a little shit, but at least I can spell "you", it's not fyou. :-)

Guest nikosdevic

...Hey guys what is all this about ?? Yeah i haven't bought many cds this year and my mate hasn't bought much . But the ones i bought ain't the ones he got . And we both say there's nothing else we like. So what does this say to you ?? Of all these cds out and all those people buying them , for different persons music appreciation changes . It's not something definite (good-bad) so who can say which cds should be released and which not ?? It was mentioned by many people on the thread that you can just choose what to buy, then some people said they want more than what they find but they can't . You know people there are thousands of artists writing electronic music , what makes you think that out of all this music you should only check out psy-labels ?? I personally bought smthng like 3 psy cds this year and then maybe 30 non-psy electronica(most of which are psychedelic in my opinion . So my point is , if you feel bored with the released music in this scene try looking for artists writing electronica , IDM , noise ,rock , exp.techno and surelly you'll find smthng you like...

nikosdevic - The point of this thread is not about giving up psy trance for other styles of music. Of course there's a lot of good music out there - I actually tend to prefer it - but I think the point is that we'd like some better music coming out of the psy trance genre because we like that sound as well. We know what artists and labels are capable of (i.e., 1996-1999), but we're not getting it. If anything, the lack of good psy trance is driving old fans to other genres. Chill-out is becoming a booming little business, for instance. :)

are u guys REALLY sure that everything from 1995-1999 was THAT fukkin awesome?

I'm pretty damn sure there was a lot shitty releases back then.. the thing is that the only releases u remember are the good ones

in a few years or so u'll only remember the good relases from 2000-2004 and keep on complaining about the bad releases 2005 and 2006..

:P

Guest Onyxura

anton: I think that in 95-99 there wasn't as many releases as there is today, and becauce of this, quality-controll was better. As a result of psytrance becomming more popular, the labels could do more releases, and the quality would go down. Not many of the "milestone" albums has been released since 2000, the ones the can stay in your player for years and not go old. Most releases now work ok for a few months. Tops. While and album like for instance twisted is still very relevant and often in my player.

-T

The problem is that it is now much cheaper to make music,

so you have much more stuffs being released, instead of fewer and better releases. This doesn't mean that there are no good releases anymore, but nowadays it is quantity over quality.

Guest --==1400MiLeS==--

I agree with Onyxura. What stuff has been released in the last 2 years that will go down in psytrance history as essential Classic? What is evolution and progression worth if the result is 4000 GMS clones and 5000 Swede and German artists desperately rubbing it in that melodies are dead and rhythm is God. Not that the 'newer' stuff is bad persee, it started convincing enough with Radio, Headcleaner etc. but imo artists and especially new artists rarely reach those levels nowadays.

But ppl apparantly love it...new labels pop up faster than mushrooms in the Fall and new artist proudly present their state-of-the-art rythms accompanied by a sleeve which looks like advertisement for a high tech product and the obligatory German song titles...It isn't underground anymore, the market decides and party promotors, labels and artist simply go with the flow/money...Who cares about some stubborn psyheads that stepped into 604 nearly 7 years ago because they were disappointed with the not exactly deep house and techno scene back then?

fuck all this shit guys!

I'm downloading MP3s again since this fucking moment!!!

If I like it than MAYBE I'll buy the god damed album and support the artist/label and all that crap... if I don't like it than I'll fucking delete it. That's something you can't do once you have the CD in your hands.

v4K

I agree with "--==1400MiLeS==-- ". It all sounds the same, every dj spinns the same shit... GMS-Asterix-whatever-full-on-shit... or Progressive-as-hell-boring-shit... open your mind there is a lot of freaky funny stuff out there THAT MAKES PEOPLE SMILE something that seems to be forgotten by all the "cool dj brats" on cocaine... More mushrooom music....

implant....

it doesn't sound like "innovative" trance to you because you've been listening to psytrance for YEARS and you're just jaded. And if you're so cool pissing on labels and artists like that... Go on, run a label, and release your own music.. until then shut up moron..

There is WAY too much fucking garbage shit trance out there today. Im growing tired of it real quick. I agree - too much shit gets released - with the exception of a few labels who put out quality stuff.

hey RANDOM I have something to announce to you SHUT THE FUCK UP

the only reason why all new stuff is inovative for u is because u started listening to it just yesterday...u probably never heard that many old releases..and I can see u are from Canada ...well east coast just started with the psy scene only a two or three years ago...while we in the rest of the world knew about the scene far back....so shut ur pie hole!

Srbija!!

bOm!!

Guest Rafghanish Dreamweaver

LOVE LOVE LOVE

The way I see it is that everything moves in waves. It's a kind of like a magick spell ;) I reckon every artist releases something that appeals to me, I mean in every new album i hear, no matter who the artist is, I relate to atleast one track. To some the wave may be peaking while to others dipping, either way - it is moving.

I do agree that most of the stuff being released now is very monotonous. I dig it. A state of trance is attained through monotony. I love listening to the deep rolling bass lines - they become so complex in their simplicity at times that I just close my eyes and dream away.

Trance is a process of frozen evolution, even the old stuff is new and the new stuff is old.

Yeah, so argue all youz want, just respect each others individuality and acknowledge that together we are trance in all it's magnificance.

We've a Dream