Technossomy - V.S.O.L.

Just listened to this amazing track, the full-length version, and I'm wondering where all the energy and spirit in the Goa/Psychedelic scene has disappeared to. Where did it go? And why? Is there a chance it will ever come back? Or is it better to just let it go and move onto something else, to some other genre? Your opinions?

Guest good old days..

V.T.O.L even ;)

"Well well kiddys, hard at work..."

Makes you wonder about all the shit-techno that qualifies for psytrance/goa these days?

Guest phaeton

'jesus christ everything's full of static electricity!' :)

great track indeed, but i think we'll have to wait until the current gms and alien project hype is over before we can expect the average psytrance tune to embody a soul again; imho most stuff coming out these days is very functional, formulaic, predictable and generally lacking spirit ..

I hate this scene of "Shit-techno" Qualifying for trance or whatever.

I HATE IT! It feels so wrong. The most of that crap music sounds so cute i could almost use it for kindergarten

how come so many swedes hate techtrance/orwhateveruwannacallit?

I really like The Delta, Spirallianz, X-dream, M.O.S and Midi Miliz .. I think the best trax they've made have a lot of spirit and soul. but hey, that's only my opinion. The certainly have the groooove and balance most acts today don't have.

I know that EA didn't want this to be a hate techtrance thread 'cus he really likes that kinda music too :)

Guest spacemonkey - 604

V.T.O.L. is great track indeed.

But i don't think the spirit is gone.

it evolved, even the great energetic melodies became formulic at some time and it was time for something new, now this is becoming predictable and it's time for a new revolution.

Sorry about the "VSOL" thing. Guess I was thinking about FSOL. LOL. :)

Yeah, Anton, I agree, Tech Trance is the only subgenre I'm aware of in the scene with any sort of vitality and ingenuity.

Kind of a weird thing happening these days. The Psy Chill-out stuff is becoming more popular than the trance. I don't mind that so much, but I'd love if we had a trance revolution. I for one am slip sliding away. :)

Guest Zaramatu

There's one solution for every problem:

Go for the Ozric Tentacles!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NP: Technossomy - V.T.O.L. (Great track indeed! Mighty, mighty.)

Yea people are just going in weird directions.. like if you played some regular decent techno, something from the new x-dream, and some older goa to a person who had an ear for music but didnt listen to trance/techno.. they would most likely classify irritant as 'dark techno'... still good tho:).. i miss the full-on sound tho.. i have hope tho.. ive heard some tracks at parties recently that are completely crazy tho no one around me knew what they were.

I find it REALLY interesting how just two years ago or less we were all complaining about how minimalism was taking everything over. Then we got what we asked for, which was more full-on music. Now there's too much full-on, and we're complaining about that. I wonder whether, WAYYYYYY, WAYYYYYY back in the old days, around 97 or 98, people were complaining how everything sounded like Pleiadians. Hehe. Don't think so. :)

Guest Kristian

Well goodluck Epic Automata finding more like that since there hasn't been any such releases as VTOL or IFO in four-five years now. Only that minimalistic techtrance or that shitty full-on GMS style which people seemes to enjoy the most nowadays...

Guest Kristian

Buy it man!! It's a must have! Compared to VTOL it's more distortion and aggressive. One of the all time greatest trance releases, read the review here at Psynews :)

Guest Mr.Hanky

i liked the track SYNTHETIC FLESH more than VTOL

anyway this kind of Epic-Goa tracks are indeed hard to find

but to put it short to all of you,

in general,

it's not the scene that have changed,it's YOU!

Think of psytrance as a beach.. Pretend the sand is the beats/fx structure and that the water is melodies... What do waves do? come and go....

it'll come back someday

Guest Mr.Hanky

No that's not what i mean 1400 miles,

but all the smartasses whining about "the good ol' days" and "where have the spirit of Goa gone"(no offence EA :-D),

should examine the situation more deeply.

i'm not saying they are totally out of line but it's more complex than that.

Granted,things like innocense and perhaps some energies have faded away,and the music has been seperated to a few genres(progressive ,full -on etc),and some people who liked pure in your face goa from a few years back may be a bit frustrated with that.

but one truly good party can make any trance-veteran a beleiver again!!!!