copycat

Guest lÿsërgïç

have u ever heard some psy tracks that have basically the same melody or sounds used as each other?

i found this recently:

cosmosis - turn on, tune in..

and

koxbox - insect & insect bite

listen to them.. i think u will notice the similarity

tell us more if u have found any..

wouldn't it be because the tracks are by the same artists and the track

names are similar so they are like part two of that track a remix in a way....

?????

MK-11: I don't know what you mean saying about cosmosis and koxbox being the same artists or about remixes?! I think you mixed something up...

And - to Lysergic - I don't see ANY similarity between those two tracks - how can you compare guitar psychedelic acidy triplets and synthetic techno from 1994?!?! Oh, I know - they're both psychedelic trance, but I think this is not what you meant...

You search for similarity? - look no further than 3D-Vision stuff - ALL of their artist sound THE SAME!!! (which doesn't necesarily means bad).

Guest lÿsërgïç

well ok, i thought they shared a similarity.. must be just me then.

cosmosis track @ 1:27 - 2:05

koxbox track i dont know the time cos its on tape... umm it comes in after a sample.. not too far from the beginning.

Guest bugbread

Celtic Cross' Darshannan ends with the exact same celtic jig that Yorg & Erez's Angel Johnathon starts with (Which is awesome, because they mix together AMAZINGLY well)

Guest vasyachkin

Pleiadians - Seven Sisters and Etnica - Mad Crickets

both are SUPER tracks, but when i listened to seven siters i was like wait! it reminds me of something :) but its not a rip-off its actually different melodies but somehow to me they are very similar

antic haven't heard those two tracks and i know cosmosis and kox box are different artists...

"cosmosis - turn on, tune in..

and

koxbox - insect & insect bite"

thought he meant turn on sounded like tune in as two seperate tracks

and the same with insect & insect bite as two seperate tracks.....

• 11 years later...

Since Dolmot brought a long lost topic with similar themes, I let myself quote one post from that one:

And for some example.. hmm well lots of tracks by Synsun sounds like stuff Infected Mushroom have made. Dont have any CD here by Sysun so cant give any concrete examples. But its a known fact, they also openly says Infected is their greatest source of inspiration.

Yeah, can someone direct me to such album/tunes, cause I only happen to stumble upon some multilayered AP-influenced stuff? Thanks in advance.