A 128 BPM linear ride.

Amygdala

Hi all,

I finally had some time to finish a piece, that has been brewing the last four months. It starts out very dry and minimalistic but slowly builds into a more enveloping atmosphere with a bit more than phunk to listen to. For the full experience, don't skip ahead, but take it from the beginning and preferably in some good headphones, because it was mixed on headphones...

Enjoy, and comments (except "compress bass more") are welcome :)

www.amygdala.dk/Midiature.mp3 (or www.daimi.au.dk/~buding/Midiature.mp3)

-A

sounds pretty good man.. maybe compress the bass a lill' more though :P

a little intro before the percussion starts would be nice as well.

The track goes into more full sound after the minimalistic start. for the fuller part it wouldnt hurt to have a little more tempo. Could be a nice idea to let the tempo of the whole track rise a few bpm. And a little more diversity in the end of the track would be nice as well.

But good track overall.. thats for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I finally had some time to finish a piece, that has been brewing the last four months. It starts out very dry and minimalistic but slowly builds into a more enveloping atmosphere with a bit more than phunk to listen to. For the full experience, don't skip ahead, but take it from the beginning and preferably in some good headphones, because it was mixed on headphones...

Enjoy, and comments (except "compress bass more") are welcome :)

www.amygdala.dk/Midiature.mp3 (or www.daimi.au.dk/~buding/Midiature.mp3)

-A

Nice track!

Could be a little more melodic (with slow melodies in the background)....

digi

Thanks for your feedback guys :)

SuperGroover>

I am working on a bit more smooth intro - so the hats won't be so naked at first. I have considered your idea about tempo, but I actually have bad experience about tempo changes to the faster - it can be waay cool to break down and turn the tempo down 10-15 BPM - but it never seems to work upwards for me.

Oh BTW - I compressed the "Ass" out of the bAss... Naah, let's not, and say we did ;)

DigiToxin>

Oh, how I've tried to come up with a slower melody to fit the ones there... But I might give it another go anyway - thanks :)

- other feedback I have gotten and consider:

More stereo-like drum-section. It breaks the idea of starting out minimalistic and keeping the rhythm part that way, and then just build from there... But maybe...

Longer breaks - but this won't do, since I think what's wrong with todays music is constant disorientating breaks, ruining any possibility for da traance ;)

- I'll upload a new version soon.

-A