Recommend me some tracks!

Guest Rotorblade

Dear music lovers, I have recently "discovered" goa trance.

A friend sent me this wonderful track called Juno Reactor - Rotorblade and I became sort of obsessed with this dark but still techno/trance-like style.

Now, Rotorblade is my no. 1 all time track!

I'm beginning to listen to other goa music as well. I like dark, trancy stuff with nice basses and good structure... don't have to be real dance floor killers, as long as it is not too vague or weird/expirimental etc.

I liked Juno Reactor - Rotorblade, Conga Fury, Pistolero

Man with no Name - Teleport, Lunar Cycle

X-Dream - Protoplasm, Trancesylvania X-press

I also listened to stuff from Astral Projection, Infected Mushroom, Hallucinogen but I didn't like it at all :(

Well... that's how far I got :) Please recommend me some great tracks!

Congratulations on your discoveries! You've got a long road ahead of you as this stuff is addictive as hell.

You're going to get a sh!tload of recommendations in the next few days from the people here.

Seeing as you're starting the way many of us started - with Juno and MWNN, etc. - I'll give personal but mostly objective suggestions based on that:

1. Koxbox - The Great Unknown

2. Shakta - Enlightened Ape

3. Ra - To Sirius

4. Pleiadians - Identified Flying Object

5. Element - Transform

Good luck, and happy trails. :) EA

Guest Setsuko

be prepared Rotorblade because you're now infected with the 'goa'-virus ... ☻

my suggestions... try...

cosmosis - synergy

infected mushroom - the gathering (try it one more time)

total eclipse - violent relaxation

and many more...

psy greetz ☻

I think your tastes will change drastically as you get further "into" it and really really start paying attention to what's going on in these CDs.

listen to some Tim Schuldt it's what I "grew up on"

It got me more in-tune to the sounds and more able to really LISTEN to what these sounds are doing with eachother.

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-

Guest etherdesign

First off.. how could you not like Astral Projection, Hallucinogen or Infected Mushroom? You like Juno Reactor, MWNN, and X-Dream.. rather varied.. yet you don't like the common recommendations to psy/goa beginners..

I think you are in the know and are just looking for good tracks you don't have yet.. if you wouldn't have said that, you would have been bombarded by those artist names.. you know what you are looking for, you already have everything else on mp3..

I have no suggestions for you, read the reviews, trial and error.. decide for yourself.. and buy the albums if you enjoy them.. That is all.

Guest Rabbitakis

If you want something really dark try to find the album by Sandman - "Witchcraft"..it is a masterpiece... Also try to find tracks from Darshan group , they produce fast , dark with many acid-lines tracks... Tim Schuldt is also a good start , nice tracks are : Evil Playground, pole, Pretty Poison, Ohm Shiva, The side project of Tim with Gilgamesh , "Four Carry Nuts", they have very good dark psychedelic tracks like , Donuts , Monsters(rmx from chi ad) , Lucy (female mix), Halogen .... Try to listen also some dark minimal technoshit like Spirallianz or Midi Miliz or Source Uknown, some of their tracks are good..And if you wanna listen more tracks from Juno and M.W.N.N buy Bible of Dreams , Beyond The Infinite(Juno) and Moment of Truth(MWNN) ... Good Luck ...

Guest Rotorblade

Thank you all for your recommendations. I'll start listening your stuff as soon as possible and I'll try to give some feedback.

Etherdesign, the tracks I mentioned are almost the only ones I have.

I downloaded a few tracks from Hallucinogen and Infected Mushroom because I saw these names in many top lists on this site. I knew Astral Projection earlier from mp3.com. A track from Juno Reactor was sent to me so I downloaded some more (actually, most of them are already removed, same with Astral Projection).

I try to judge every track seperately, regardless of the artist who made it. But when I like a track I'll go searching for other tracks by that same artist.

I know MWNN and X-Dream because they were random downloads, really.

Guest emptyspace

how the hell can someone not like Astral Projection or Hallucinogen???

AP are GODS. Dont get mad at my somewhat rude post, is the way i feel now...

Guest Rotorblade

Look, I dowloaded a shitload of mp3s from AP at mp3.com and somehow they were all disappointing :(

I guess it's a matter of taste, but I think their tracks are boring and unoriginal :o

There's just nothing special to it... and I didn't get this "wow, this is amazing" feeling, sorry!

Guest Setsuko

AP is unoriginal... i don't think so Rotorblade, their the only artists who can create this special psychedelic trance... the built up of their tracks is amazing... the emotions in the melodies are all forms of ecstacy... i do not understand how you can dislike AP if you like MWNN ....

Guest Elysium Project

I would go for Juno Reactor......Even if the do not "fit" the oh so popular psy/minimalistic genre anymore I think they kick ass and wipe 99% of the bands of the floor.