Astral P - Amen

To me it sounds like well produced pure psycho Goa trance reborn and revitalised from '96 and it is probably the best thing in the scene this entire year. Weclome back Astral and am desperate for the 2/11/02 to party with you live :-) Bring on the melodies and show them what real Goa is about!!

I agree completely with Mike D!! (except of the party-thing... I won't see them live! :(...)

The sounds is more clear and the basslines are more kicking as in earlier Astral projection-songs, so this still is a véry good album with finally some beautifull emotional tracks for during the morning :)

Guest scrodes

mike,

party is now indoors on the 9th not outdoors on the 2nd and they will be returning for outdoors in march.

check www.oztrance.com

cheers

i like it, think it's one of their best. way better than in the mix for sure. seems to have the vibes of their older stuff, with a more mature outlook.

or something like that

Guest yellow submariner

Here is my take on it, since I don't feel like signing up to contribute a review.

I think this CD is what our scene needs. There is too much repetitive stuff out there. About 80% of what is released by all major labels is not psy trance it is TECHNO. I don't want to listen to techno, I was my goa sound back. How about you?

Now onto AMEN. Yes it sounds like the old skool goa sounds most of us got hooked on. What is wrong with that? nothing. Quality production, awesome layering, gorgeous melodies this is what GOA TRANCE is about. Best tracks are Chaos, Infinite Justice and 1,000,000 years from today.

Let me tell you how great Infinite Justice is: I cried today on the way to work while listening to it. It truly brings tears to my eyes to hear such an outstanding work of art, not enough words to describe it. I cannot remember last time I cried while listening to music. AP AMEN is a masterpiece! bring back melodies everyone PLEASE!

Guest Kristian

I totally agree with "yellow submariner", every word of what you said!

Read my review of the record, bring back the melodies, AMEN TO THAT! :)

Guest yellow submariner

I don't understand why is our music influenced so much by techno? It was never like that in the early days.

There are certain labels and distributors that truly promote the techno sound, but why? It seems like it is mainly coming from Germany. We see albums and compilations labeled as "progressive" but all it is just techno. I am tired tired tired of techno.

totally agree with yellow submariner. my fav was 1000000 years from today

especially that moment where the music stops and then hard beat starts

i just loved it. i was driving listening to the cd for the first time and when i heard that track i was like wow this is amazing. i dont mind techno that much but i think it should stay in its category without invading our beloved goa trance :)