For Trade Only: Xenomorph - Cassandra's Nightmare [Koyote Records]

devious

Okay, I've given into submission.

Xenomorph's Cassandra's Nightmare CD for:

a: Darshan - Awakening / Flying Rhino

b: Saafi Brother's Mystic Cigarette / Blue Room (non-digipack release)

AND a Return to the Source Release =]

One of these two offers have to be easy to meet?! Somebody?

Aaron

ehm.. xenomorph is not as rare as the albums you mentioned.. plus.. i seen you are buying back goa.. why so? what has happened?

i mean seems a little strange after u sold them all!

ehm.. xenomorph is not as rare as the albums you mentioned.. plus.. i seen you are buying back goa.. why so? what has happened?

i mean seems a little strange after u sold them all!

To know my situation would to understand. I guess since I have to keep explaining this over and over to people, I'll do it for you too ;). I left my ex, I needed money for an attorney, we have a kid together, my son is more important. I had no job, I was a stay at home dad. No income meant no money meant I had to sell my most valuable items, my telescopes and my music collection. I still have my records because who wants those anyways? They're just records. But I parted ways with my CDs. I am grounded now, I have a very rewarding job (making bullets that kill people in war, oh yeah!) and the pay is satisfactory and thus I am able to get onward in life again.

Now as for rarity, I don't know, I don't have a press listing sitting in front of me from every record label for every album. I am not aiming to collect music this time around, but I just want what I will keep and cherish and listen to, period. I am far less materialistic these days, the last 8 months have made me a much stronger person spiritually and well, mentally. I see no point in hoarding this time around as in the past. I know what I want, despite it's rarity, it's value, and how much people pay for it. If you wish to critique me further, feel free to. I suppose I am not elite enough to partake in the buying of music anymore since I sold my entire collection though, as you seem to put it so elegantly. =]

Whatever!

-d

P.S. I oughta ask you since you know, how many copies of Hux Flux's Cryptic Crunch were made? How many copies of Cassandra's Nightmare were made? Tell me this and I may agree with you, until then, I think they are equally a fair trade.

Now as for rarity, I don't know, I don't have a press listing sitting in front of me from every record label for every album. I am not aiming to collect music this time around, but I just want what I will keep and cherish and listen to, period. I am far less materialistic these days, the last 8 months have made me a much stronger person spiritually and well, mentally. I see no point in hoarding this time around as in the past.

So people that hoard stuff are "weaker" minded? I'm not being sarcastic or trying to attack you. When you think about it

there may be some truth in that.

I suppose I am not elite enough to partake in the buying of music anymore since I sold my entire collection though, as you seem to put it so elegantly. =]

Wow nice way to zing the poor fuckar :) I don't think he meant much harm. He was just surprised since he didn't know your situation unless of course he drank too much of Italian wine :)

P.S. I oughta ask you since you know, how many copies of Hux Flux's Cryptic Crunch were made? How many copies of Cassandra's Nightmare were made? Tell me this and I may agree with you, until then, I think they are equally a fair trade.

I'd argue that since there was a Cryptic Crunch re-issue by Avatar there are more of those floating around than Cassandra's Nightmare. The thing is Cryptic Crynch is a cult classic and highly valuable in collectors circles. Cassandra's nightmare is of course sought after but it does not have the same status as the first Hux Flux album.

So people that hoard stuff are "weaker" minded? I'm not being sarcastic or trying to attack you. When you think about it

there may be some truth in that.

Wow nice way to zing the poor fuckar :) I don't think he meant much harm. He was just surprised since he didn't know your situation unless of course he drank too much of Italian wine :)

I'd argue that since there was a Cryptic Crunch re-issue by Avatar there are more of those floating around than Cassandra's Nightmare. The thing is Cryptic Crynch is a cult classic and highly valuable in collectors circles. Cassandra's nightmare is of course sought after but it does not have the same status as the first Hux Flux album.

Well, regardless of worth, collectors value, etc, etc, I did fetch $175 for a copy of Cassandra's Nightmare. That was satisfying because I bought two more copies and a whole ton of other CDs with the money and I still have over 100 bucks left, but I transferred it to my bank account for other things (well, 50 of it) the other 50 is sitting in paypal waiting to buy more CDs. So, whatever the case may be, I'm going to find the CDs I want quickly, easily, and cheap. That's how we do things, yeah?

Regarding the weaker mind attitude, no. I am just stating that *I* know what I want and I don't want to own everything from every label :-P That's all. It had no direct implication on any one else there who hoards things. ;) Why does it seem that one out of every 5 for sale/trade threads turns into an argument about music trading/buying? I'll never get it. But I bet within a month I will have me a copy of Cryptic Crunch's original release for less than 20 bucks, bet.

Regarding the weaker mind attitude, no. I am just stating that *I* know what I want and I don't want to own everything from every label :-P

No, I agree with you. I'm the same way. I just thought you may have a valid point that's all.

That's all. It had no direct implication on any one else there who hoards things. ;)

I understand. I just used your logic and applied to others which may be true to some extent.

But I bet within a month I will have me a copy of Cryptic Crunch's original release for less than 20 bucks, bet.

Noone said you can't find it cheap if you're patient enough and spend a lot of time and effort. A little luck can go a long way.

It kind of sucks when someone craps in your thread and taks about collectors value of one CD versus the other, which in turn makes non-collectors who potentialy may be interested hesitant to let it go too. My apologies if I did that.

• 2 weeks later...