Astral Projection - Amen

Guest Mike D

Ok people, I'd kill to know the tracklisting ofthis cd, not for trying to findit to download, just out of general interest. I am looking forward to thi album more than anything Simon Posford could come out with, as Astral were the one's who got me into this scene, and til this day ervery song of their's sends mor chills down my spine than any other Trance group out there, so any ideas?? And yes I've check their web site!! And also, if you cxan't say anything nice, just don't bother posting please, I'd rather 0 posts than 20 flames!!

Guest Jikkenteki

I don't know if any of you have checked AP's page lately, but the picture that was posted here in the "bad covers" thread that was claimed to be the front cover isn't, it is actually a picture from inside the CD and the actual cover is different.

Guest Hallucinogenious

Don't judge from the cover dudes ...

If Posford had put his face instead of the Rider in the TLD or in the Twisted would these 2 albums be a disaster ?

first listen, then judge

Guest spacemonkey - 604

well of course the album shouldn't be judged by it's cover, but the cover gives a association that doesn't give a psytrance listener a good feeling.

it say's something like "look at us we are important, we make music that EVERYBODY likes."

This doesn't mean they think this way.

This doesn't mean the music is bad.

But it does give that impression.

So anyway listen to the music and then judge, but being influenced by what the cover say's is very normal.

AP is by far my faviourite band, i will continue to worship them as gods until i die. I too got into goa because of them.

About the cover, who gives a shit about it? Seriously i couldn't care less, even if it was a pic of Avi and Lior fuking a little boy. It's all about the music.

btw, anyone know what religion AP is?

Yesterday, on my way home from work, I found this wicked cd titled "Astral Projection - Live on Brotherhood Beach" on our street market. It was obviously an illegal release that, beside the cd, includes only front and back photos of some computerized blueish sea horizon with couple of transparent, liquid balls, no booklet, no tracklist or any info on the content. This guy was selling it at a ridiculous price so I didn`t hesitate too much and bought it.

The moment I came back home I was beside my cd player, putting the headphones on and hitting the play button with great anticipation. And it really was Astral Projection`s new stuff!!! Someone actually recorded their live radio mix at some Israeli station. It`s a 74 minute mostly continious mix of seven Amen trax an two classix - "Let There Be Light" and "People Can Fly". A dude and a chick hop in every 4-5 minutes with some comments in hebrew which I naturally do not understand. She says "Astral P`ojection" at the end of every input, and also advertises Heineken and this guy supposingly repeats the name of the radio station among the rest. The technical quality of the cd is not the best. It is a full and clean stereo recording, but with noticable FM noise in the background. I think I heard of this mix somewhere in this forum before, but I never tried to find it on the Web.

The new tunes are beautiful. Israeli school at it`s best. I`d say less melodic than before, somewhat darker, but AP`s touch is very recognizable, with those warm synths and deep, hypnotic harmonies and side effects. Most of the tracks do not have that in-your-face leading melody, they are more of the, how should I put it, ambience feel. "Anything Is Possible" is the most melodic tune but definitely representative of what the rest of the tracks offer. Couple of tunes are on the heavier side. Studio work is brilliant, as expected, making the overall sound very rich, intense, pumping and full on.

This cd is definitelly one of the weirdest stuff I have and will obtain special place in my collection - right next to the official Amen release. Looking forward to it.