raja rams origins

mijis........

thats one of the strangest coments about art I've ever heard! I thought he used his flute, production skills, and business-practices to make money.... then he SPENDS it on drugs..

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-

otherwise, millions of other artists don't get your respect either. Posford, for instance.

he his promoting the use of drugs in the psy scene i am angry about that because i have some friends that are in acids from a very long time and they are changing , now they listened the 1200 mics and they want to try every drug in the fucking cd , i dont want to loose my friends because i know their tryings lasts for months .

I myself had trouble with the fucking E , thanks god now i am fine .......

anyway raja ram can stick his flute trough his ass .

More music less drugs

Guest spacemonkey - 604

Mijis, i agree that the drug reverrences on the 1200 mics album are childish, but you can hardly hold raja ram responsible for the lack of spine and personality in your friends for not making there own decisons!

Guest Tyrannicide

hmm, I can't say I particularly like or agree with all the drug references/samples on the 1200 Mics album, but I don't let it interfere with the music which I don't think is half bad at all. Sure it's not anything all that new or innovative, but it has some nice melodic and catchy songs, and that's all I really expected from the album. As for Raja Ram, the guy rules. If you watch the Liquid Crystal Vision video or read any interviews with him, he sounds like a very well-spoken and articulate individual. Not like a spaced-out druggie at all. He is also a very talented musician and has been part of two of the greatest recordings, psy or not, that I've ever heard -- Tales of the Inexpressible and Are You Shpongled? So, I'd just like to say, thank you, drive through, and please come again! ;)

Guest dogdog

mijis!! why dont you realase a cd own a label produce some respectable music before critic other people work on that negative way . the fact that 1200 mics. album doesnt like you dont means that you have to put you hate on it

Guest PuuhaMees

mijis u should be glad that your friends r not in to hardcore Norwegian black-metal, they might want to burn down every church in Mexico. At the worst case u would end up as a human sacrifice for the prince of darkness.

Monkey see, monkey do!!!!.

PuuhaMees

i used to like raja ram cause i love shpongle and espesialy his flute...

BUT when i saw the 1200 titles it made me sick

AND when i went to samothraki2002 and saw his attitude (his style) PLUS when i saw his mini interview in the last mushroom magazine international edition i hated him even more cause he is promoting the 'drugs are cool' lifestyle thing.

that only sucks. shouting to the public that drugs are cool and nice is a thing that only people who started drugs 1 year ago do. i hope you understand what i mean

..and then i wonder.. is raja ram in the category of people who found out drugs the last year and is still so excited about them ???

i dont judge his drug thing.. anyone can do whatever he wants. but advertising drugs in such a stupid way is something really bad cause many of people in the scene are not able to judge what is right and what not due to the fact that they are on their 1st or 2nd year of drugs

ps. when i saw the 1200 mics titles i was so dissapointed...

Guest Hallucinogenious

Raj was at Samothraki ?

Maybe in the 1200mics the titles are childish maybe ..

Has anybody read the words of Raja in the TIP.World site about the cd ?

1200mics

If someone wants to take drugs he'll take neitheir if raj puts them in a cd neither he says drugs are cool. I like raja's music and i personally love Posfords music. The fact that i love 'Hallucinogen' doesn't mean that i'll take lsd or any hallucinogens. Neither when GMS send a message in the SDF-2002 'Let's take some mescaline', a person who knows and he can judges he'll run take mescaline.

If the person can't judge what is good for him and what is bad, he won't wait for raj to say to him 'take drugs' ... he'll take them

Guest Mike D

I do agree, I read the same stuff about mr Ram and do not think he is promoting drugs as 'cool'... I think that he is syaing he found drugs were a great way to open up his mind, but he also knows that drugs are not the be all and end all of it, he does realise there is potential without the uses of chemical substances. I think drugs are grea, used at appropriate times and in a responsible manner, they do offf all the things that Raja Ram promotes. So lay of the guy, let's see YOU all come up with something better eh? Then slag off Raja Ram hmmm???

Guest Elysium Project

In my opinion the concept of the CD is a joke and a product of people that have done drugs way too much. Where is the warning about the harm drugs can cause on the sleeve? If a record label want to release a concept CD about drugs they should be responsible enough to warn people about the drugs too. If they don't they indeed promote drugs as something "cool" and basically praise the drugs as something people should try out. That is to me worrying. Especially when so many "kids" buy their CD's and think that the lifestyle of the "cool" labels, DJ's and artist is the way to go. I have spoken out about this subject many times but I must say that this release in some ways has set the scene back 5 years. Thanks to Raj and T.I.P. World and their drug disibles years of trying to make this scene more responsible and a place where drugs do not rule over the music has been wasted time. I feel sorry for the people that actually try to build a scene where drugs are not the main thing. But sadly a little group of artists, DJ's and labels with a very big influence don't wan't to act responsible...Now that's a real tragedy!

I will for sure let Raj and Richard at T.I.P know what I think of their release. Raj is a old man that should know better than running around promoting drugs to kids!

Guest PuuhaMees

dido & mijis: have u ever heard of something called the FREEDOM OF SPEECH & EXPRESSION?

I guess u guys r not interested in individual freedom?. Freedom brings responsebility & this is the dilemma/problem, people want instant entertainment & fun, but r not ready to put anything in it themselves. The people making music r just ordinary people like all of us, ofcourse with the difference that music is a strong medium which can have a strong influence,

but these people r not saints that have to set up some kind of ideal rolemodel

4 children. If u have something against psychotropics u r listening to the wrong kind of music. The substances that r being "promoted" in this case r all

psychedelic substances (only ecstacy :( does not really fit in IMO), dont see no cocaine, heroin or alcohol on that track list. What the hell!!! psytrance is about psychedelia & without psychotropic substances & alike we probably wouldnt even have the expression P S Y C H E D E L I C (food 4 your head).

POOhaMees

Ps. "everyone has a right to decide their own destiny" - Bob Marley

Guest PuuhaMees

Here we go "Father Elysium the Saint". I can smell double moralism from here to Tokyo. At least that old guy does not have to prove himself & argue with kids at psynews. org 24h. I am sorry if u got messed up because of drugs.

Some ppl can handle it, some over do it. I myself prefer to walk the "golden road" with some exciting side routes every once in a while.

PuuhaMees

ps. U r going to call Raja tonight & tell him he is corrupting the youth of this world or he might face the same destiny as a guy called Sokrates a few thousand years ago.

Guest FlyingCircus

check out the liquid crystal vision dvd or watch the movie at www.liquidcrystalvision.com then you will see that he means that everyone has to choose his own lifestyle:

"if you are going to take drugs, that's what you're gonna do.

if you want to be straight that's what you're going to be."