most horrible cover EVER !

Guest Slidingtrancer

The astral projection one is hilarious....

anyone seen the DJ YAHEL in the mix thingie, with the sunglasses....

That's even worse than the one around here...

Holymen covers are really bad as well...

i think that 1200 mics cover is a riot. makes you wonder if one should really take any of these drugs. The 1200 mics crew must be completly brain dead to release an album like this... the cover and track names tell how they got so stupid very clearly. ;)

Guest woutski

OK the AP cover looks like shite but at least looks semi-professional.

The 1200 mics is just amateuristic, childish and BUTT UGLY.

Jeez the more I look at it the more silly it gets. What were they thinking?

The colors, the cheap Photoshop plug-ins. It looks like it's made by a 12 year old kid who wants to show off his drug-use to his class mates.

i fully agree with 'audiodrome' and the yahel (worst of all was when a record shop sent me a private collection poster as a bonus... i burned it hehe).

1200 mics really takes the cake because it isn't just any stupid cover with filters... it is a desecration to my favourite label - it is a mockery of a sacred symbol. but that's just the way i look at it. they'll probably sell a million anyway so who's laughing now?

So what`s the best covers?? Maybe those TIP covers are not the most impressiv, but they are the coolest in my opinion. Just take a look at Tip yello, orange etc... I love the Yeti covers! The uglyest cover I`ve seen is the Hux Flux cover (Cryptic crunch). Another really ugly cover is the Unusual Suspects (Twisted). The best covers are all the releases from japanese Dakini Records. Have you compared the Toires album cover from Dakini and the Toires cover from Backroom Beats...?

PK

the cover is good because it suits the music perfectly: childishly formulaic with completely inane drug samples fueling each track. oooohhhhh....what an intelligent concept....i wonder how they thought of that oone...could it be they had a few tracks on a "drug tip" laying around and then thought, i got an idea for some quick money, let's turn out a few more pieces of shit that all sound the same except for the oh so clever drug samples, and then sell it as an "album" to the ever-not-quite-so-discerning trance market and laugh our way to the bank. and to top it off, let's put the lamest cheesiest cover imaginable, and then we have a big hit!

BOOM SHANKAR TO TIP!

Guest Red Headed Stepchild

Honestly people you are way judgemental!

Maybe with most of these covers they didn't have alot of money???

Psy is not a very profitable business. As for yahel well I think from the very

beginning he was part of two scenes and for GOD FORBID money reasons

he wanted to appeal to other ELECTRONICA groups. I mean after all Psy

wasn't the first type of electronic music and there are some very good stuff

outside the scene. Now for the most part I like Psy more than any other

type of music but people like Yahel aren't just selling out if they appeal to other groups.

Now look I am really sorry for all the negative talk but i had to get all this

off my mind. It might have to do with the fact that I live in the US and all

types of electronic music is rare here. So I might not have the same type

of perspective as someone from Europe. I would have say that what is

great about this scene here is that the Psy promoters are open to sharing

with other people. They like many types of music. Well I think that for the

most part you are all alot of very good people so don't think I hate you I

just feel I must say thing about what I feel now and then.

((((((((((((((((((((((PEACE))))))))))))))))))))

unbelievable SHIT by tip world. i am so fuckin dissapointed... i cannot believe it! this cover is worst than the ones my 14 year old cousin makes with photoshop for his 'dj sets' with pop music.

hah! the swirling effect on some of the drug names makes me laugh. its an unbelievably stupid effect together with the twirl of the background. FOR GOD SHAKE THIS IS A NO NO WHEN USING PHOTOSHOP...

I think it's the idea that everyone is really reacting to. It's the principle underlying the whole album and the way (we assume) it was all put together--in a drug induced rush to make some quick cash. That part turns me off too, but I must admit, I like the cover for the colors. I've always had a soft spot for wildly colorful trippy covers.

While I've only heard one of the songs, I must say that the more I think about this, the more I think it's not really a terrible idea. Their mistake was advertising their inspiration. They could have made the same album without the blatant titles and samples, and I bet the response would have been way better.

No theres nothing more than just stupidity here. Tip isnt low on money.. you could put a flyer on a board at a graphic design school and you would be inundated with kids willing to do it for free for their portfolios.. who could do a great job.. i get fired up about this stuff because i was a graphic designer at some point, and i go often by the weird notion that the album art almost as important as the music within.. kinda coalesces the complex mood/atmospheres of the album.. but im preaching.