New goa track "Productivity"

grimoire

• 2 weeks later...

This is too slow and uneventful to me.

When I think of build-ups I think climaxes and this has none IMO. The music picks up a bit, then slows down, picks up, etc. Things never really build up and take off. The drums are a nice touch when the song is moving at a better pace. And when I mean better pace I mean the part that is not inbetween 2:05 and 3:05. That goes on for too long.

The overall song lacks layers and melodies or more animation, changes in song direction...and it's generally too repetitive. It wasn't until around 6:00 that something seems to finally be happening...a build up of sorts. The song gets a little better at that point but by than I've lost interest. It needs to captivate earlier on and improve from there, not at the last minute.

All of this feedback of course. I'm generally critical with everyone and my intentions and words are ntended to help bring insight for the artist to improve his skills and or song/album. Others may enjoy this song more. It has some nice touches and ideas and it can be much better. Once again, nice idea is around 5:55 forward relative to the rest of the song. Maybe the song could start there after a short intro and then drop the drums, add melodies and than really lift the song, tempo, and beat up even more...dropping new melodies (remove older ones) etc... just some ideas. :)