Xploring Inner Space

Otto Matta

Maybe I'm blind but I don't see a review for this one. Just wanted to say I've been listening to it a bit lately and like it a lot more than I used to - probably because it's the sound of a bygone era and they just don't make 'em like they used to. I never really "xplored" the second disk, the blue "Moon Rites" disk, but hearing it again after some years I have to say I was really impressed by it, moreso than the orange/yellow "Sun Rites" disk with the famous track, Broken Spirals. Cool stuff! :)

Why isn't there a review? And if there is one, why am I so blind? :D

There you are  :)

I also never took the effort to listen to this one carefully, I should catch up on it.

598808[/snapback]

Thanks, lumpi. I did a search and came up with nothing, and then looked in 1998, not 1999 (Discogs says '98).

But I found my review from 2001, which wasn't very sympathetic:

"If you've heard one song from X.I.S. you've heard them all. Which is

unfortunate because that one song is really pretty cool. Maybe they might

learn how to create diversity in their music and thereby have it hold one's

interest. 5/10"

I will say that the sound quality of the album isn't great, even for 1998/99 standards, but I'd give the album higher points this time around.

Yeah, it's an amazing album, I like both discs, trance is insane and cosmic and ambient one is pretty chilled and earthy. Go and listen to the second disc, you will love it. ;):D