Cubase CPU problems

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt look in audio HQ but I will as u sugest it.. but I dont think thats the problem cause in device manager I cant see onboard card at all, it disapeared the moment I put SB Live in.. And that is the trouble, cause how will I mix with only one card..

Posted Image

600092[/snapback]

maybe the drivers got fucked up? they should be in your motheroboard drivers cd.

what do you mean with only one card? i never heard anyone that can use tow different soundacards at the same time! :blink:

what do you mean with only one card? i never heard anyone that can use tow different soundacards at the same time! :blink:

600093[/snapback]

What??? Man on my last main board I used on board card and SB Live! or any other card at the same time.. I used on board for cue with the headphones and Live! for the master mix.. How else can u mix with computer? U need two cards and lot of mixing tools support that..

What??? Man on my last main board I used on board card and SB Live! or any other card at the same time.. I used on board for cue with the headphones and Live! for the master mix.. How else can u mix with computer? U need two cards and lot of mixing tools support that..

600095[/snapback]

you must be right,it just sounded wrong for me... :huh:

you must be right,it just sounded wrong for me... :huh:

600100[/snapback]

Well in fact one other friend told me that 2 cards cant be run at same time.. My last experiances prooves wrong but long ago I had problems using two soundcards, one sounded normal and other like a broken tape recorder, they were not in sync.. I suspect that the SB drivers overtook the onboard and I think there must be an option in bios to turn that onboard card on.. But Ill have to check that today.. Anyway, I dont wanna lose that onboard card cause its really great, dont u think? U have the same onboard card right? 8 channel, automatic recognition when jack is plugged and stuff like that? that really amazed me, just when I though "how Im gonna connect that" I plugged the jack in and there it is "jack is plugged" message.. I couldnt believe it, SB dont have that option and its really cool..

600095[/snapback]

usually that doesnt work, cause of drivers..dunno, you surprise me.

i have a card with enough outputs, for cue and master and...

thats what you need.

teh onboard ac97 suxx

you wont achieve proper latancy with it, but its not made for that so...

better buy that m-audio and use the digital output for cue, you will need a dac of course.

anyway good to hear your pc works. :)

usually that doesnt work, cause of drivers..dunno, you surprise me.

i have a card with enough outputs, for cue and master and...

thats what you need.

teh onboard ac97 suxx

600149[/snapback]

AC97 was on the old board, this ASS rock has audio card that rocks ASS, really great, I will even try to use it and see if the latency is better than on SB Live!..

Anyway looks like my old board was better cause it supported 2 soundcard phenomenon but this one has better soundcard so..

My onboard card has enough outputs but how can I choose that on one output(headphones) plays one song and on other(master) plays another? Now u suprise me.. I though that on one card u can play only one song..

it doesnt have enough outputs, only different connectors.

in your sequencer you will see its always ch 1/2, but you also need a 3/4.

but those cards are not made for that, its no surprise.

which chip you have there onboard?

VIA PT880 Pro/Ultra

Yeah ur right but on old card I choosed one card for the master and other for the cue.. Now that option is gone, Ill try to install driver for onboard soundcard again but I suppose then the SB drivers will be gone.. Or there something in the bios preventing it that can be changed.. So on M-audio Audiophile u got different channels? Do u know exactly how much channel is on audiophile 192 and 2496?

on 2469 and 192 you have 4 channels, 1/2 and 3/4, but the 3/4 is digital output, and if you want to use for cue you need a digital analog converter DAC, i have the same here, im using an old minidiskdeck i bought from ebay for 10 euro.

but i can be difficult to setup because i dont see a toslink output on those cards.

i suggest you to buy this card, not expensive at all.

take a look http://www.thomann.de/thoiw2_esi_juliat_prodinfo.html

or you have to find a card with enough analog output channels

mmm that looks tasty.. those white cabels on the side are midi in/out right? Looks good but I dont think I can find one in my country, but I will search for it.. I was thinking to buy audiophile in the future but now when u mentioned that with digital... nobody told me that till now so now Im changeing my mind..

this card you can also turn around, on one side are unbalanced and on the other balanced analog output.

the white cables are midi and koaxial, but it has also an optical output.

every common output this card has, and of course 24bit/192kHz .

where you live? im sure theres a shop that ships to you

Yeah I read the whole specificationsand Im in love.. Excerpt:

"User can select his prefered configuration

simply by turning around the analog part of the PCB. The digital and analog parts are totally separate as they are placed on two different PCBs, providing excellent audio quality. This makes Juli@ a new reference for audio quality in this price range of audio interfaces. "

Im in croatia, im looking now for the dealer..

And I think that I can buy it in one shop cause one friend recommended me to buy Maya44, maybe they have juli@ too.. but isnt Maya better?

no, i dont think maya is better.

it has Microphone Preamp with + 48V Phantom Power, 1 HeadphoneOut.

but no midi in/out, it is optional to buy.

hmm, probaply you can use the headphoneout as ch 3/4?

thats what you need to find out.

i dont know, you better ask your dealer or esi.

its also nice, but for my purpose, juli@ is much better.

without midi interface? and juli is only a few bucks more

Yeah you are right, Im just jibbering cause the friend recommended me maya and I didnt know the price of maya.. I though it was more expensive than juli@.. Of course juli@ is better, who would wanna buy "optional MIDI card".. And I dont need mic preamp, Im not gonna record some pro voices, for that what I will record even onboard will suffice.. I will definitely go for Juli@ if I can order it from that shop.. Big thanks for recommendations, I would go buy audiophile 192 if u didnt told me that.. And I think audiophile is even more expensive than juli@.. Thanks man, really.. I didnt listend much my friend when he mentioned maya44 cause he listens hip hop but I should cause I would find out about juli@ be4.. Anyway, it up to me now to beg that shop to order that..

but on juli@ the 3/4 output is also digital.

but it has toslink, and you only need a minidisk with monitoring for 10€ and a toslink cable.

to buy an DAC would be too expensive.

you understand me right?

it will take its time until everything works for cue, but lot easier than with audiophile.

otherwise go for an card with enough analog outputs.

so the card is pretty much the same league like audiophile, but it is number one.

but on juli@ the 3/4 output is also digital.

but it has toslink, and you only need a minidisk with monitoring for 10€ and a toslink cable.

to buy an DAC would be too expensive.

you understand me right?

600198[/snapback]

The mail is sent.. Now its waiting-for-reply time..

Yeah I saw it has digital output on specifications but can u explain that a bit.. I dont have minidisc and I dont think minidisc would cost 10€, I would say lot more.. And explain that toslink.. And DAC.. shit, explain all.. Im searching info on it now.. It says about DAC..

"Most modern audio signals are stored in digital form (for example MP3s and CDs) and in order to be heard through speakers they must be converted into an analog signal. DACs are therefore found in CD players, digital music players, and PC sound cards."

Shouldnt it be DAC on Juli@? Is stand-alone DAC that expensive?

And where to find minidisc for 10€? How to connect it? I suppose I plug toslink in and phones out? And isnt it better to buy DAT when Im already buying..? Maybe I will manage to run both Juli@ and SB Live at once so there will be no need for DAC or toslink?

the thing is, you need one ch, (with two single outputs, left and right, 1/2) for master.

and you need the same for cue.

all those cards have 4 outputs, but only two are analog.

the other two are analog inputs.

so, the 3/4 is on those cards always a digital output.

but you need, of course an digital to analog converter (DAC), to use the digital output for cue.

i suggested to buy an minidiskdeck, because they are much cheaper then buying an DAC.

look here, you will see they are pretty cheap.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?c...+mds&category0=

you can even buy one that doesnt play minidisk anymore, but very important

:

the one you buy needs to have a monitoring function, that means it has to let you hear the signal that comes in through headphone output.

you can just ask the seller if this is working, all you need.

then i mentioned toslink, because i think all the minidisk decks have toslink input.

its just the connector, you know, the audiophile doesnt have toslink out.

but esi juli@ has.

understand?

its just a cheap way of forming you digital out into analog.

or you will need to buy a much more expensive card, with 4 analog outputs.

and i develoved myself, on my own :D .

Yeah I get u.. U want minidisc to act as a DAC cause minidisc has internal dac in it, right? But can u answer this: isnt it better to buy DAT when Im already buying since I think DAT will be much more of use than minidisc, although minidisc can be good for recording but nowdays mp3 players took that place..? Maybe I will manage to run both Juli@ and SB Live at once so there will be no need for DAC or toslink? And is there some digital in headphones so theres no need for converting the signal and at the same time I could use that headphones instead of monitors?

yees you got it.

i dont think you will need DAT or MD for recording... or do you?

and i dont think you will get both cards runnning in one system.

its only for cue, you know, and if you take time on ebay you find one md damn cheap.

i dunno, think about

ok, Ill decide whats better for me but I would like to try DATs.. But I think they are expensive.. Anyway we´ll talk about it when that shop send me reply and when I see if I can order that ESI Juli@.. U didnt answer is there some headphones with digital in so there is no need for converting the signal and at the same time I could use that headphones instead of monitors?