the great Orb worshipping thread!

Snapinho

My favourite album is orb live 93/bro evil 39

but my favourite track is actually Apple Tree In My Backyard from Youth's compilation, the secret language of ordinary objects.

:blink: Waaaah~!!! I copied my own thread in goatrance.nl (dutch psytrance site) and I found out that the Orb are playing here, in ONE MONTH!!! OMG OMG OMG ELEVEN! :blink::D:)

Weeeeeeeh, long live this! Gotta go there! Other side of the country, but still: Holland is a small place. Even for Belgians it's not that far away...

Other cool artists performing there:

akufen

venetian snares

kettel

kubus

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: My day has been made!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:blink: Waaaah~!!! I copied my own thread in goatrance.nl (dutch psytrance site) and I found out that the Orb are playing here, in ONE MONTH!!! OMG OMG OMG ELEVEN!  :blink:  :D  :)

Weeeeeeeh, long live this! Gotta go there! Other side of the country, but still: Holland is a small place. Even for Belgians it's not that far away...

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: My day has been made!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

594976[/snapback]

Cool! I went to see them live a few years ago. A very trippy gig! They played quite a range of music from very ambient to more dancefloor friendly to some wierd 1940's style stuff.

Go see 'em

• 2 weeks later...

Official podcast from these fellows. Almost one hour long.

http://www.theorb.com/downloads/orbcast01.zip

I'm just at the middle of it, in a very psychedelic version of "Little Fluffy Clouds". Good for the soul.

600115[/snapback]

Nice! Downloading as we speak! Glad this topic isn't totally dead yet.

Btw: got Cydonia in the mail beginning of this week. Can't say that I'm really happy with it at first glance; too many vocals and too poppy sounding

(not the good kind of poppy though... >>> Posted Image )

• 2 weeks later...

Official podcast from these fellows. Almost one hour long.

http://www.theorb.com/downloads/orbcast01.zip

I'm just at the middle of it, in a very psychedelic version of "Little Fluffy Clouds". Good for the soul.

600115[/snapback]

Cool, downloading that!

Nice! Downloading as we speak! Glad this topic isn't totally dead yet.

600162[/snapback]

What did iyou think? What can I expect from this podcast? New or old or a wonderful mixture of the two?

Well... it's some mixture of a dj shit and their own stuff. Quite original, but there's some annoying moments in there as well. But still, very unique mix and personally I wouldn't mind hearing stuff like this in chillouts. :)

Next weekend I'm seeing them live!!! :D

Well... it's some mixture of a dj shit and their own stuff. Quite original, but there's some annoying moments in there as well. But still, very unique mix and personally I wouldn't mind hearing stuff like this in chillouts. :)

Next weekend I'm seeing them live!!! :D

604220[/snapback]

Enjoy! The Orb were fantastic last tiem I saw them live :D

• 3 weeks later...

So did you see them?

How were they?

614219[/snapback]

I think I would've preferred lying on my back in the grass, head full of acid, and just listening... But it was still a good set: mostly dancable mixes, of which little fluffy clouds and a huge evergrowing... stood out most, to me. But that's probably cause I'm not too familiar with their Okie Dokie minimal side. A lot of it was danceable and the mixture of live and dj was really original as well. But well, it was more of a concert than a party or a listeningsession, I guess.. ;) Different but still nice! It was really busy inside cause a lot of people came to see the Orb.

Nevertheless: it didn't make a lifelong-lasting impression on me, to be honest. I wish it was otherwise, but oh well.. I had a good time anyway. :)

But as I said; I prefer lying on the grass, tripping and just listening and enjoying.

I think I would've preferred lying on my back in the grass, head full of acid, and just listening... But it was still a good set: mostly dancable mixes, of which little fluffy clouds and a huge evergrowing... stood out most, to me. But that's probably cause I'm not too familiar with their Okie Dokie minimal side. A lot of it was danceable and the mixture of live and dj was really original as well. But well, it was more of a concert than a party or a listeningsession, I guess.. ;) Different but still nice! It was really busy inside cause a lot of people came to see the Orb.

Nevertheless: it didn't make a lifelong-lasting impression on me, to be honest. I wish it was otherwise, but oh well.. I had a good time anyway. :)

But as I said; I prefer lying on the grass, tripping and just listening and enjoying.

614638[/snapback]

Next stop. A field, with a stereo & some liquid trips :D Have fun!!