am i just imagining things or is a pattern forming

technosomy

What's the best release ever from Japanese artist in your opinion? :)

558062[/snapback]

Hmmm, that's a tough question that really depends on the style and time. I will say that until recently, the Japanese psy-scene really focused too much on foreign artists too much so there were surprisingly few Japanese psy-artists. This has turned around a bit recently with labels like Elf Music now focusing on the new crop Japanese artists.

I can't really pick a single best release ever but I the favorites that get into my cd player the most are probably:

Old School: Joujouka - Joujouka (Tsuyoshi and Ubar Tmar)

Experimental: Uni - Venus

New School: Phi - Phinalizer

Tech: KURO - Satisfaction

As for the future, this is still quite a ways off, but I'd really recommend keeping an eye out for the Symphonics with 11 album that will come out eventually. Due to the sheer amount of tracks Symphonics had written to various stages of completion before he passed on, I don't expect this until later next year at the very earliest, but I have the stuff completed so far and it is seriously good.

now that I think of it, sometimes people can by several items from online shops as well... I bought several Nataraja 2's from Psyshop like 6 months ago because they were available, i was totally shocked and bought almost all of them :)

And last week I found a brand new copy, still in plastic, in a second hand shop in Paris as well, so sometimes it's just about being lucky :)