Not so serious ebayer ?

Infra

Guest antic

I see no big problem here - he said it clearly it's not original and just a CDR without artwork. I'd be pissed though, if he didn't write it and I bought it...

To warn people more, there's a seller now that sells CDs without booklets (original CDs though). I don't say he's doing something bad (because he too admits it), but there are some v. nice items on his list and people might bid without even reading the description:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...e=STRK:MEWA:SID

Okay he warned the people, but it is still illegal to sell copies.

It doesn't matter if he sell it for a very low price or the CD is sold out. Illegal is illegal. :rolleyes:

BTW, I think this topi is in the wrong section.

Guest antic

It's illegal 100%.And not only that but we can't even know if he made this disc using low quality pirate mp3 or if he copied it directly from the original compilation.

532673[/snapback]

and if you knew that it'd make a difference? you'd buy it if it was copied from CD?! :unsure:

the discussion about it is pointless IMO. there's a lot of illegal / fake items on eBay and you can't do nothing about it except to report it to the eBay, but I doubt it'll change anything... I'm glad the guy admitted it's a CDR without artwork, this way I saved myself my nerves and some money in case I've won this...

I don't think he did this intentionally - it looks more like he found the copy in his drawer (maybe he did it for himself years ago?) and thought that maybe someone will be interested in it, since the original is no longer available... I just wouldn't jump to the conculsions that he's thief & a pirate!

and if you knew that it'd make a difference? you'd buy it if it was copied from CD?! :unsure: .....

I just wouldn't jump to the conculsions that he's thief & a pirate!

Maybe he isn't a thief but his action smells piracy.Many of us have bought a copied rare cd (why to lie) but we have also spend a lot of money to original music.I would never use ebay to sell or buy copied music in such an official way.

Guest antic

Maybe he isn't a thief but his action smells piracy.Many of us have bought a copied rare cd (why to lie) but we have also spend a lot of money to original music.I would never use ebay to sell or buy copied music in such an official way.

532732[/snapback]

I have never bought a copied rare CD - what's the point in doing that? Isn't it easier (and cheaper) to download it from p2p? And what you mean saying that he's doing it in "an official way"? It's not a shop with pirate / fake CDs - it's just single CD that caught our attention because of it being TIP's release :)

I have never bought a copied rare CD - what's the point in doing that? Isn't it easier (and cheaper) to download it from p2p? And what you mean saying that he's doing it in "an official way"? It's not a shop with pirate / fake CDs - it's just single CD that caught our attention because of it being TIP's release :)

532815[/snapback]

To your first question:You have better sound (cd quality) and not compressed music (what you find in p2p).

What i mean with the phrase 'in an official way' is that he sells a copied cd while he knows that hundreds or thousands of people watching this 'not so legal' action.Ok i have nothing with the seller but i think he must be more carefull!